Parking Ticket - Do I need to pay this (looks like a private company idk)

So I parked outside of Spot Coffee down town today at 7pm. I come out at 8pm and I have a ticket. I was under the impression that parking was free at night there, guess not lol.

The ticket is for $30 with-in 7days.
$50 7-14 days
$75 after 14 days
Today at meter $10 (wtf, so I could go back to Spot and pay $10??)

The parking ticket goes to a company called “Standard Parking” It’s a “Parking Notice”

Issued by EMP* 168861
Notice: “FAILURE TO PREPAY METER PARKING RESTRICTED POSTED”

THIS PARKING NOTICE IS NOT ISSUED, AUTHORIZED OR APPROVED BY THE CITY OF BUFFALO OR IT’S PARKING VIOLATIONS BUREAU.”

—Warning: Unpaid parking may result in vehicle being booted and/or towed at vehicle ower’s sole risk and expense

I don’t plan on ever going back to Spot coffee, do I have to pay this?

I’m going to say no.

That big part about “not authorized by the city of buffalo” means I would have left it on the ground.

hahaha

take it back to spot and lol…

see if there is a coupon for a cup of coffee on the back?

For some reason the only thing that comes to mind is… You Got Punk’D YO!

Not paying it

If you try to pay it online you get:
*A convenience fee of $2.50 will be added to this transaction (non refundable)

:massmoon: - “standard parking”

I would get these tickets in Seattle all the time. Probably atleast ten of them i never once paid one. I would just chuckle then drive away.

Smart choice.

If they were to take this to collections should I worry about it? It was on in a private parking lot, not the street if that matters any.

I don’t feel like having to fight to get my credit straightened out if they go to collections.

iv got about 5 from one parking lot.I dont think they would go to collections.They are there for suckers to pay.

agreed

dude fuck it dont pay ti the worst that can happen is they send u a letter sayingu owe 75 bux then ur like oops…but that proly wont happen

Okay, I just don’t want them to take it to collections and have my credit rating fuxor’d

To take it to collections they would need your name and all they have is a license plate. Since they aren’t authorized to write tickets they sure as hell aren’t authorized to run plates through the DMV to get someone’s name/address.

I would never pay that kind of ticket, like a rent a cop issuing you a ticket

Well, actually they are authorized to write these “unofficial” tickets. This company either owns or leases the lot from the city who lets them do whatever. They could have towed him for a first offense if they really cared to. But you’re right that they can’t run plates. More than likely they’re just too lazy to track you down.

It’s more or less their way of warning you and keeping track of who doesn’t pay in case you decided to park there again and not pay.

I wouldn’t do it twice, but you have no legal obligation to pay this ticket.

i got a ticket once that i thought was just from the schools security, until i threw it away and the sent me a letter in the mail saying i owed more since it was really a buffalo police issued ticket…

opps lol

LOLOL!!!

um how can it go to collections? they need your personal information / social security number and do you think they are going to pay a collections agency the time and money it would cost for them to constantly track you down?
i think not my friend

yes private lots can write private tickets but if i were you id sue them for wasting paper/ destroying trees or something, i bet your case would get farther then theirs about a parking ticket

what parking lot? blockbuster?