Do I need to pay pittsburgh parking ticket?

I just got a ticket on Beeler St this morning because I forgot to put my permit(visitors) back in my window after the weekend.

What will happen if I don’t pay it? Sent to collections? I understand it would be an issue if I accumulate a few unpaid tickets and get towed/booted, but besides that, is there anything to worry about?

My friend said he has 3-4 unpaid tickets, and got pulled over last week but the cop didn’t say anything about it, and he hasn’t heard anything about it.

Thanks

i waited one out once while I was in college, got sent to a collections agency. A 15 dollar ticket turned into a headache and a 70 dollar ticket. Just pay the ticket.

with whitey
had a ticket that was partially written and metermaid let me go
only to have it sent in mail and turned into 60

just pay it and avoid the headache

yea just pay it. its a bitch if you dont

15 dollars isn’t worth the hassle

you only have 3 posts… how’d you post in off topic

fuckin stickin it to the man

pay it dumbass. Those city tickets can triple in a few months !

by the time it hits collection, it’s not only tripled but it’s affected your credit… Your only real choice is to pay it or fight it in parking ticket court… not worth the time

but if you don’t care about your credit or the extra amount, the only you have to worry about is the boot. Pittsburgh does have license plate recognition camera equipped trucks now (got stuck behind one a month ago and was suprised to see it) you could come out to your car one day with a boot on it…

Alright, sounds like I will pay it ($35), or fight it if I want deal with the hassle of going downtown.

I fought one other ticket in the fall and it sucked. I had my visitors permit on my dash like it says on the permit, and it snowed a little bit(October), so the snow covered the permit, and I got a ticket. When I went and fought it, the judge called me a liar about it snowing yet that year, etc. Ended up dismissing it, but it was a pain.

It’s not about dick honor. They will fuck you till you are upside down with a rubber over your face. they win, you lose. It’s not traffic court. No beating parking tickets in the city.

ya seriously… what are you going to say in parking ticket court? " your honor, I didnt park there…" :rofl:

I mean, I got my last ticket dismissed, I had a permit on my car, and the fucking dumbass guy giving tickets was too stupid to see it.

show us your girlfriends tits and it will be all kosher…

x2!
we’ll talk to our buddies in the PPD for you

so u got a ticket & your asking whether or not you should pay it…:rofl:

dont pay it…its only a parking ticket, u’ll be aight

lawl. yea, until the Sheriff knocks on his door with an arrest warrant for being the fucking dumb ass of all eternity.

(No, I won’t deal with it directly, let me ask everyone’s opinion on this internet forum first…they’ll know what to do.)

I had a friend that got a parking ticket once and paid it. But the moron handling the paperwork screwed up and marked it unpaid. They decided it was challenged and set a hearing date that he didn’t know about. Next thing he knows there’s a cop at his door with an arrest warrant. You never know how far these things will go. Parking tickets are cheap. Just pay the damn thing.

Just asking… wow.

I know if you get a CMU parking ticket, NOTHING happens unless its your fourth ticket and you get booted or towed.

you never met my grandma…she lives in oakland and has beat every ticket she or any member of my family ever got parking at her house. Shes tough to deal with when it comes to that stuff. she’ll give ya a swift smack in the back of the head and grab the hair right behind ur ear… she once power shifted my dads 69 GTX and smoked them halfway up atwood street.