Unlock Kenwood Radio.

I bought a Kenwood DDX-8017 on eBay. I just finished hooking it up in my car and it’s locked. I called Kenwood, and they said to call the original owner and get it, but he doesn’t know it. And they also said I could go to a Kenwood authorized repair shop, but I don’t want to shell out any more cash for someone to just unlock it. I also searched Yahoo and Google but am having trouble finding info on the newer head units like this one. Thanks for any help.

KENWOOD SECURITY CODE CLEAR procedure

Your radio will require one of the following procedures.

Type 1
During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds (so that “…” disappears).
Then using your remote enter your code.

Type 2
Press the “Auto” button and “Track up” on face of radio at the same time. The four dash lines ( . . . . ) should “disappear”.

Then using your remote enter your code.

Type 3
Model# DPX-4020 and DPX-4030
Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset key (preset keys are the buttons on face of radio for storing you “favorite” radio stations). “C” should display.
Then using your remote, enter your code.

Enter your number from the remote control unit. Your code number is 5227 (KCAR)

• Press numeric key “5” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
  • Press numeric key “2” ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
  • Press numeric key “2” ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
  • Press numeric key “7” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key

The security is canceled and the set enters the TUNER mode!

thats all i could find on the net

Also something else of note when trying that. At the very end press “Track Up” button for 3 seconds was about halfway down on that page.

Also another suggested try using 1234 or 4321 if it’s a 4 digit pin that was placed by default.

Besides that everything else indicates that it can’t be removed on newer ones if you don’t know it without sending it in.

^This is for the older models, I have no luck with these, as mine is touch screen and there is no “DISP” button, and the remote will not work while it is locked.

Your 100% screwed without that code. From what I read there is no other way to make it work.

I hope whoever broke into my car and stole my mp-922 cant use it because of a lock. fuckers

The guy called me, he said he should be able to get it to me by the end of the night. It was sold for his brother and as soon as his brother gets home from work he will call me with it.

Does anyone on here have a kenwood head-unit and a kenwood remote?

OT wanna sell me your Alpine 9835 now?

so what no luck with yours? i have a eclipse deck i could sell its a CD5435 or CD5000 same thing autoshot and all i can bring it next time i come up if you want or i know someone thats got a kenwood deck forsale if your interrested mines better haha

Guy called me last night and got the unlock code from the original owner. Working great now.

sweet i’ll have to check it out next time im up and this s/n is gay but its all i could come up wit for now lol