Unrelated "Carbon Fiber Pole" Project *PHASE 2 Complete*

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:200,topic:22396"”]

you forget that those equations are divisable by the enjoyment/pride/experience factor.

[/quote]

i know, i know, i just trying to get some information for the trolls, but where is the sight you bought it from.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:201,topic:22396"”]

i know, i know, i just trying to get some information for the trolls, but where is the sight you bought it from.

[/quote]

it’s a BMW specific supplier.

as far as pictures… there’s only a handfull of people who have done this mod, to my knowledge only 13 other roofs have been sold in the world… The CSL obviously comes stock with this roof.

I’m a ricer. duh.

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/bmw6.JPG

nice.

wow :tup:

now i’ll have to take the long way to work to check it out one morning

are you sure its only 13 world wide for the CSL roof from vorsteiner? i gotta believe there have been more than that… its probably my next mod

[quote=“Viper966,post:206,topic:22396"”]

are you sure its only 13 world wide for the CSL roof from vorsteiner?

[/quote]

13 according to Vorsteiner when i purchased it from them 4 months ago. I’ve been working directly with the Vorsteiner reps too, since I’m doing the write up for them.

the only other option on the market is the OEM CSL roof from the dealer, which is no longer available without a VIN number.

What happened to the TEIN SS Coilover Suspension? i thought that was your next mod?

what a ricer homo

ps…wanna fix or make me a new CF lip?

mine is broken in half

i will pay you with sexual favors

or money… either or is fine with me :slight_smile:

W O W

Damn man - nice job. I’m sure this will end up in the undertones thread, but great lay :tup:

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:207,topic:22396"”]

13 according to Vorsteiner when i purchased it from them 4 months ago. I’ve been working directly with the Vorsteiner reps too, since I’m doing the write up for them.

the only other option on the market is the OEM CSL roof from the dealer, which is no longer available without a VIN number.

What happened to the TEIN SS Coilover Suspension? i thought that was your next mod?

[/quote]

ive been kind of happy with the H&R’s coilovers since i adjusted them about 2 weeks ago… they were on full stiff which i wasnt a big fan of

[quote=“Viper966,post:210,topic:22396"”]

ive been kind of happy with the H&R’s coilovers since i adjusted them about 2 weeks ago… they were on full stiff which i wasnt a big fan of

[/quote]

cool. So you didn’t buy when you posted the eBay link back in my coilover thread? sorry, i thought you did.

looks phenomenal and as blasphemous as it is to doubt CF work by you…it came out better than i expected.

on a side note…i’m really glad the only time i saw your car in person i was walking. i’m convinced that if i had been driving down main st in williamville when i saw it i would have gotten in an accident. it’s incredible. you should do some full car shots again now with the roof. :tup:

he didn’t make the cf

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:213,topic:22396"”]

he didn’t make the cf

[/quote]

:word: I purchased it. CF is in very short supply/High demand right now. Thanks for the comments though Dex. :tup:

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:213,topic:22396"”]

he didn’t make the cf

[/quote]

you’re right. i just went back and read again. i forgot about him talking about the shortages of CF. regardless of the source…it’s impressive.

so I don’t get where the pole was used

[quote=“66impalass,post:216,topic:22396"”]

[/quote]

he turned it into a railing for his stairs.

[quote=“66impalass,post:216,topic:22396"”]

[/quote]

hahaha… it’s “unrelated”.

but if it makes you feel beter, i unrolled it and used it for my roof.

Looks real good. How thick is it? Do you know how many layers there are? I am looking to make some parts out of fiberglass but not sure how many layers to make it. Thanks

[quote=“240slide,post:219,topic:22396"”]

Looks real good. How thick is it? Do you know how many layers there are? I am looking to make some parts out of fiberglass but not sure how many layers to make it. Thanks

[/quote]

it’s 2 layers of CF, aprox .035" thick. But that won’t help you if you’re making parts out of FG