Unrelated "Carbon Fiber Pole" Project *PHASE 2 Complete*

did you change your username or something? I don’t remember you at all and your posts kinda weird me out.

store bought, but i assure the quality of installation/ josh’s DIYs that this project will be A+ work

hum, i weird you out? that has to be one for the record books. to weird out “The Great Lafengas”.

fucking dan…:smash2:

and yes, not knowing who you were…this post put my groin into a “flight or fight” response.

That’s sweet. Can’t wait to see the results. :tup:

How many people can do that?

I kid, I kid.

whens the magazine shoot?

How is the roof going to be attached…Obviously its not spots welds.

you can’t bolt or use anything that will create point concentrations. Just urethane adhesive, the same as what’s used on windshields will work. Also 3M Body Panel epoxy works really well too.

just an update:

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/DIY_cfr16.jpg

ricer.

yep. and to think all this to only shave 12lbs from the roof.

so i assume that picture is of the roof being glued? whats next? just re-assembly?

way did you not put yourself on a diet? you could have lost 20lbs and it would have been cheaper… and you would have been faster…

na, mang car looks nice. what is the adhisive that you used? and are you just applying it where the spot welds used to be.

I used a 3M Black Urethane, same as used for windshields. It was the reccomended route. I was going to use 3M Body Panel epoxy, but it’s a two part mix and gives me a short 20-30mins window to get everything done and in place. I wanted the extra time with the Urethane, it takes about 2hrs to set. I applied at all the way around the perimeter, to ensure no leaks.

For the most part, it just assembly that’s left at this point. But since i have everything gutted, it’s a great time to re-run wiring from my past DIY’s so everything is nice a clean and even run extra wiring for future projects.

Lol at the extra wiring…

i forgot to ask what is the:

hours per lbs ratio (i.e 10hrs. / 1lbs. = 1200 man hours)
money per lbs ratio (i.e same idea as above)

any pics of it installed on other cars? and maybe the place that you bought it from.

You WANT him to slit his wrists?

my name was used alot in this thread

you forget that those equations are divisable by the enjoyment/pride/experience factor.