Unrelated "Carbon Fiber Pole" Project *PHASE 2 Complete*

Cool :tup:

lol. i thought the same thing when i saw the links in my email from the topic reply.

i think it’s cool since you are doing it yourself.

:word: That’s the way to get it done. Good work thus far.

God damn, cls style cf roof, sex.

Lol, for the cf tube i think he should use it as the filler neck for the gast tank when he puts it in the trunk and make a rear pillar fill hole like the f1 cars lol
what people do with their money never fail to amuse me :tup:

So when you made the roof, what did you put on the existing hood to protect when you formed the CF, or did you just spray it with a mold release? Also, how many layers of CF did you use? I am asking because I want to try making my own CF hood, but I am not sure what would be the best way to make the mold.

there is NO reason to make a CF hood for a 240, they are so many hoods out there that are cheap its not even funny… the amount of tooling and stuff to make ahood will make your entire project 2-3x more expensive then most hoods…and the premade hoods will look better

so wait josh, u made your OWN cf roof? we may have to talk

josh if you’re really that bored man you can always make a cf roof for my touring. damn thing will probably be in a few magazines anyway, why not get some exposure? lol

phase 3 is strawberry flavored CF dildo that pops out of the headrest in front of the driver :tspry:

yumMmy

Unless you really did a ton of :snky: work over the winter getting an eastcoast car into a magazine is a lot harder than you think

it’s 1 of 9 in the country, and one of the most highly sought after (affordable) bmw’s around. i get trade offers all day on e30 and e36 m3’s.

not to mention it will appear next with a 2.7 with some custom crap on it, new body “kit” (not really a kit), new suspension, and I’m thinking of going 5 lug from an m3

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/DIY_cfr14.jpg

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/DIY_cfr15.jpg

IB4"IBuiltANukeCauseIWasBored"

amazing work as always… so the pole is unrelated?

you are the man :tup: can’t wait to see the finished product

now that is baller

looks great. are you going to post up anything from making the mold and bagging this piece?

I failed to address all the previous questions/comments with my last post. First, I DID NOT MAKE THIS ROOF. It was in my original plans, but because of the extreme shortage of CF around the world (being used for aerospace purposes), getting a hold of larger raw cloth is nearly impossible. Go to any online CF store and you’ll see they are out of stock on everything. This being said, whatever i could get ahold of was to be $$$$.

So, i purchased the roof from a company out in Germany. They’re made to order and i requested the plain weave as shown.

Since we’re having a bit of a warm spell, i may be mounting the roof this week.

it would be rather inconvienent to have something like that pop out of the headrest don’t you think? Did you mean seat bottom?

store bought…