Any interest in Simple Aero in Carbon Fibre?

I know someone who is wanting to make CF parts for cars and motorcycles. He ahs a made a few bike parts that have turned out pretty well. ie, gas tank covers, air boxes, seat cowls etc…

He asked me to see if I could get my hands on some simpler stuff, ie, simple wings, lips, etc…He’s not sure if he can do hoods yet, but I’m steering him towards going all out as there is always a demand for CF hoods that work!

anyone interested would need to provide a piece so that he can make the piece from your original. Obviously, whoever donates a piece gets the CF version either at a steal or for free, depending on what it is.

Post up what you’d be interested in and PM if you’re interested in donating a piece for yourself. He’d need the piece for about a week.

oem 180sx aero in cf would be the bomb digity

i have a 95 oem front lip that i can donate… its a bit scuffed but its pretty good besides that

real dry carbon? Or just overlayed fiberglass?

Real dry carbon.

Will answer pm’s later on, in a rush just now. :slight_smile:

i’d be interested :slight_smile:

Canards, roof spoiler, trunk lip spoiler, toothbrush with CF handles and bristles.

coupe trunk, hud dash lol

LOL at what cost 5000 a kit ronnie mooo info

I guess you could say that would lighten your teeth.

In the words of Junior: “whomp whomp”

How about a trunk that can use OEM glass, I got one to donate.

nvm i fail lol

dry carbon s13 hatch roof and dry carbon d1 max styled hood… and dry carbon s13 doors :slight_smile:

That stuff would be awesome.

A dry carbon dash? That should be like 1lbs.

So many options… question is price.

+1

+2^

:
Originally Posted by polishprince View Post
i have a 95 oem front lip that i can donate… its a bit scuffed but its pretty good besides that

Would he do interior peices?

I got a fiberglass dash if you guys wanna experiment on that, its a stock 89 dash but covered and sanded smooth and painted… nopthing special just reaaaly smooth,

that would be pretty awesome. Personally I dont need vents/etc… as i dont have ac and dont need the heater core lol… so something like that utilized to fabricate a carbon dash would be awesome!

The few guys down in the states who’s cars i ran across on forums with dry carbon dashes came to 1lbs literally (frickin amazing). Riding yourself of stereo/speakers/heater/etc… plus stock dash and all the junk underneath would save alot of weight. I still have heater core/etc… but i plan to get rid of it. Some people drill and cut up the dash for weight savings but a dry carbon dash should be around 1lbs… which is pretty impressive.

Dry carbon doors would be pretty amazing too. Fiberglass ones should require an aluminum skeleton to not crack/be durable… but dry carbon ones i dont think should require any skeleton cage therefore it should come to <5lbs for sure… They are pretty heavy in reality. However this should only be done on a car with a cage with side impact bars…

A vented d1 max style hood should be alot of weight savings too. The stock hood is like what 60lbs… front upper weight on the car… sucks. A dry carbon one should be <10lbs probably… Should be vented to have some practical benefit for pressure relief/downforce/cooling… while we’re a it.

These imho would be useful… and last but not least a dry carbon roof skin. Already a few companies in UK do this and so does kognition down in the states.

And while we’re at it front bumper and fenders if designed properly (meaning if we’re already doing it might as well design some other benefits to it), should be a good idea. A bumper that is designed to aid with air flow while keeping drag low… having minimal holes and openings… and accommodating for those that want a splitter/cannards… while fenders to be at least 40mm over stock… and vented on top to relieve pressure for downforce generating purposes (eliminating lift)… why I’m saying all this… if it’s being done to serve a purpose other than just look pretty (sure i’ll save weight but while we’re at it accomplish a lil more).

These alone should be enough to keep everyone busy…

if he does go for hoods he can have my silvia hood possibly