240 Carbon

We were thinking of starting up a carbon fiber part manufacturing business as we have came into a bit of money. I was wondering if we were to go ahead with this how much business we would get from son240, we would produce full carbon fiber interiors, hoods, air dams, splitters, etc…

Do you think this is a good idea or no?

I’m for it - carbon fibre has came down a lot in price, I’d be interested in a hood, hatch (I am already) - but I’m positive it would be a good market for you

all the body parts = win, interior maybe the dash and door trim/doors.

Business here? I don’t know… maybe. I’d be interested :smiley:

I’m assuming you are local but check www.nissanroadracing.com, if you cant register pm me your info and ill get them to let you in. Certainly lots of guys who’d be interested there for track cars and whatnot.

This would be very beneficial for local canadian guys though vs importing crap from down south.

son likes CF doors and door skind would be a huge one becuase there are good doors out there but they cost alot and door skins look like shit from some companies

i would be interested if the prices are reasonable

sweet, I think I will go ahead with this then afterall :smiley: be prepared for our first line of products and a big son240 discount

I wouldn’t mind getting a hood.

1+ Looking forward to this.

make a coupe trunk to

There seems to be a pretty good market for interior pieces, but stuff like hoods and hatches are already readily available and very cheap.

hood, hatch, tail light under garnish maybe??? door skins. front lip, side skirts, rear skirt. i’m in. i just paint everything to match the colour of the car. not a big fan of the look of CF. but all those parts swapped saves quit a bit of weight.

DO IT! Best of luck.

I would be down for doors, Silvia hood and interior pieces if the quality is good and the prices are reasonable.

As for the size of market here in Canada, I would says it is rather small. You would need to sell your stuff to the Americans if you want to make money. Most people here in Canada are poor/weak.

I’d love some 50mm wide s13.5 front fenders :slight_smile: No one makes that in FRP even if im not mistaken… :-/ You could definetely makes tons of business in ontario if you started releasing copies and/or original body stuff locally in FRP and carbon. A real widebody that extends width of doors connecting front and rear, that would be pretty bad ass that would land you business here and in the south too.

Interior Center Console & Dash would be awesome, not to mention gauges in Carbon Fibre! :slight_smile: can’t wait to see your first line!

Just picked up a Seibon hood for mine to match my hatch…priced out doors too but $2500 per door, that’s more than what I paid for my car!

I would be interested in more interior trim pieces though!

PMd you

Do it, but be creative.

Never know, you might be able to create a new “fab” amongst tunners.

i.e.

make a vented D1 spec hood :slight_smile:

CF wheels please…with good offset.

carbon diffusers

Good quality and price for a hood would be nice. im sure most of us would want to get rid of our 50lb hood.

ya seems like enough people would be interested.

but like people are saying its all about the final cost vs quality.

definately body panels and minor interior if done right.