Unrelated "Carbon Fiber Pole" Project *PHASE 2 Complete*

passenger side ejector seat.

Sction Tc style roofage

man, F this. i’ll check back on this thread when it’s done.

he is building his own CSL

I’m thinking no. He took lots of care with the old roof panel when taking it out, so I think he is putting it back in, also what would the pole have to do with it.

Pole has shit to do with it

He had to be careful with the roof panel, in case he fucks up and realizes he cant make a CF roof, he can put it back on

He is making a CF roof.

That and now that I think about it he has to use the original roof as the mold. That’s likely why he took it out so carefully.

Hell, he really didn’t take it out THAT carefully. Or rather, it just happened that the correct method to take it out ends up not damaging it. If you look, he taped off the rest of the car a whole lot, but only taped over the sunroof opening on the roof. No protective tape otherwise…

dont forget the cross bar

just put glass in there itll look like the new 911 targa style :stuck_out_tongue:

ccan’t wait to see more updates

word. he has said numerous simes that the pole isn’t for anything automotive.

and that’s why me must be careful. you can’t just shoot to the junkyard and pick up an e46 roof.

WTB: roof for e46 BMW lol

all this buzz…

so this video i have…of the whole process including discussion with him on what the plans are…how much would someone pay for it?

think of it as an investment, so when it fails, you have the video “lafengas’ last mod” or “how carbon fibre brought the end of an era” or “is a carbon fibre poll going too far” etc etc

bidding starts at $100.00

dude. we all know he bought the pole to sit on, and the whole roof thing is just a sideproject

Josh’s ultimate mod: carbon fiber anus

makes guinea pig removal reaaaaaaal easy

you know he had to chop the top to fit the stripper pole in the car…mobile strip club ftw

hah! i like it!

what’s everybody’s obsession with my ass?

I found “Blair” to work the best, but NAPA carries one if you’re in a bind. Basically, you center punch the spot weld and there’s a spring loaded center pin on the drill bit. The bit has a 3/8" circle saw and cuts around the spot.

10x’s quicker than trying to just drill through a spot weld.

quitter.

hmmm… obviously mentioning in the title that the Carbon Pole is “unrelated” continues to boggle a few. :meh:

$105.00

Where did you get your blair from?

i really don’t remember, i purchased it back when i was doing work on the Monte. It was local though. I tried finding a new one this past week and couldn’t find 'em. I checked AutoZone, Value, HomeDepot, and NAPA with no luck.

you could order it though:
http://www.blairequipment.com/Spotweld_Cutters/Spotweld_Cutters.html

or from Summit Racing

Yeah that is where i have been looking, i went on thier sight and looked where to purchase. i will just have to place an order for one. Do the they las long?