UPDATED: Esprit photoshoot @ Beaver Island (No 56K)

car looks great. photographs? not so much.

indirect or diffused flash would have helped. did you use on-camera? or on-hot-shoe-on-camera? get a flash bracket with a detachable hot-shoe-extension-cable and get that flash away from the camera - lighting up the grass looks bad. your flash-vs-exposure-time ratio is way off too, hence why it “looks” like a shot that uses a flash.

just some constructive criticism from a guy who sold his d200 cuz he didn’t use it enough (aka I don’t know shit / like to talk as if I do). oh and that little degree from a shitty school in Rochester :smiley:

PS:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/91MR2_photos/DSC_0253.jpg

this would have looked BRILLIANT if you’d simply flagged off the flash so as to not overexpose the grass and tree - well, ok, the whole shot is a good 2 stops hot, but I love how much the car stands out from the trees behind it because of that, accuracy be damned!

EDIT: or was it just a long exposure locked down on a tripod? looking back at it, that could be the case, the “fix” here for the over-exposed foreground and blur would be to utilize something like HDR where you composite 2 shots together after shooting range of 5-7 exposures like +/- 0.5 to 1 EV per shot (make sure you’re adjusting shutter not aperture)