US Air flight down in hudson river

wtf!

I just heard it on the radio

damn, I just flew with them from Charlotte to here saturday.

at least the plane looks to be intact, hopefully that means no casualties

Amazing that geese can wipe out a jet…time for some sort of upgrade in technology.

they’re saying their just worried about people freezing to death, so that must mean no casualties as a result of the initial downing

News is saying all passengers survived, and that the pilot intentionally landed in the hudson. Fantastic job. :tup:

edit:
hope this report is true

o mannn

Steel grating on the front of the engines.

highly doubt that will stand up to a bird hit moving at whatever speeds a plane needs to take off

Holy shit!

The plane approached the water at a gradual angle and made a big splash, according to a witness watching from an office building.

“It wasn’t going particularly fast. It was a slow contact with the water that it made,” said the witness, Ben VonKlemperer.

I know how to solve this problem…

UNBAN WETWORK!

That must have been one of his projects.

bird strikes cannot be protected again… hte amount of force of a 10lb object hitting another object going 200+ MPH at takeoff/landing speeds is insiane… and adding any sort of “protection” infront of the engines is not an option… simply avoiding is the only option

lol @ newman/fry

LOL @ the guy with the corn rows…HAHAHAHAHAHA

jesus, that had to of been scary to watch from an office building… especially in NYC

it’s a sign not to move from NY to NC.

HAHAHA

:ohnoes: Seriously.