Jogger killed by an airplane.

Figure that one out.

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. — Robert Gary Jones was a pharmaceutical salesman on a business trip, looking forward to getting home to celebrate his daughter’s third birthday. He was enjoying a moment to himself on this resort island, jogging on the beach and listening to his iPod.
Officials say the Woodstock, Ga., man neither saw nor heard what struck him from behind Monday evening: A single-engine plane making an emergency landing.

The Lancair IV-P aircraft, which can be built  from a kit, had lost its propeller and was "basically gliding" as it  hit and instantly killed Jones, Ed Allen, the coroner for Beaufort  County on the South Carolina coast, said Tuesday.
                                                                                                                                                                       "There's no noise," said aviation expert Mary  Schiavo, a former inspector general for the National Transportation  Safety Board. "So the jogger, with his ear buds in, and the plane  without an engine, you're basically a stealth aircraft. Who would expect  to look up?"
                                                                                                                                                                       The pilot, Edward I. Smith of Chesapeake,  Va., and his lone passenger both walked away from the crash landing near  the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa.
                                                                                                                                                                       Marshall Clary was sitting in his home office  overlooking the beach when the crash happened about 6:10 p.m. He said  he heard nothing when the plane hit Jones and didn't realize something  was wrong until he heard emergency helicopters overhead a short time  later.
                                                                                                                                              From  his back deck, he saw the plane in the water about 100 yards from where  emergency responders used a sheet to cover the bloodied body of a man  wearing jogging shorts.
                                                                                                                  Jones, a 38-year-old  salesman for pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline, was in Hilton Head  on a business trip and was looking forward to returning home for his  daughter's birthday Wednesday, his mother said.
                                                                                                                  Pauline Jones, of  Dunedin, Fla., described him as "great son, a wonderful husband," She  said he lived in the northern Atlanta suburbs with his wife, Jennifer,  their daughter and a 5-year-old son.
                                                                                                                  "I was never so shocked  in all my life," Pauline Jones said, her voice shaking.
                                                                                                                  "They say that God only  gives you what you can handle. I said, 'You know what, I've reached my  max.' "
                                                                                                                  The plane took off from  Orlando, Fla., at 4:45 p.m. Monday and was en route to Virginia when it  started leaking oil at about 13,000 feet, said Joheida Fister,  spokeswoman for Hilton Head Island fire and rescue.
                                                                                                                  Fister said the pilot  determined he couldn't make it to Hilton Head Airport. He told  authorities oil on the windshield blocked his vision and the propeller  had come off, forcing him to attempt a landing on the beach.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700017149/A-beach-a-jogger-a-falling-plane-2and-death.html

pics or ban

If the plane had gearhead jointz, we would have a happier story.

I dont care how stealth it is how can you not see, feel or hear an airplane when its close enough to be hitting you?

Even a paper airplane makes noise that close.

You are a dumbass PJB.

The plane wasn’t running, had no propeller, it was just wind noise.

Put some iPod (it’s a device used to play digital audio made my Apple) earbuds in and have someone kick, but miss your head, and tell me if you can tell they did it or not.

Then add in music playing.

Youve gotta feel it though. And see a shadow or something

only if the sun is behind the plane AND you

It’s not a 747, Jellies.

Im still not buying the fact that nothing around the guy alerted to him that something as big as a plane was coming at him.

Seriously? Have you seen how small a single engine kit plane can be? It could have been smaller than a Camry, minus the wingspan, and moving at prob over 50MPH.

What would you expect to alert him? Maybe a big red sign that said a car sized object is coming out of the sky at 100FPS aimed for the back of your head?

Well youd atleast have to feel the wind/air around you changing due to something flying at you. I mean you notice a fly in your face so youd notice something the size of a plane.

Lock 1 for Jellies being tarded.

YOU NOTICE A FUCKING FLY IN YOUR FACE BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE IT YOU DICKHEAD

:rofl at some of the posts.

peenut butta jellie tyme!

$20 to the first person who sneaks up on PBJ and smacks him in the back of the head while he’s least expecting it. Video footage required for payment.

lol Adam. That would be priceless.

PJB must be the dumbest mother fucker alive.

Maybe next time, he’ll use his spidey-senses to hear the plane.

I saw an LSX swapped Cessna once. I could not hear it.

Airplanes are quiet.

Theres no way you would hear that thing flying at you with NO PROPELLER and NO ENGINE running.

If the thing was on you still wouldn’t hear it coming at you, especially with earbud headphones in and music playing.

tears are streaming down my face from this thread. literally 10 epic posts in here