Used hot tubs...

So I found a hot tub for sale…4 person unit, fully functional, $700. Now, I don’t know too much about these things, what should I be aware of when looking at a used tub? I’ve seen pics of it and it looks to be in great condition…and like I said it works, so it needs nothing.

lol at your soon to be electric bill. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

know that there is a 99% chance that at one point in time someone either had sex or received a blow job in it.

So are there models that have better ‘performance’…I have no idea how much this would affect my elec bill. Right now I’m at about $50-60 a month…1100 sq. ft and with a roommate.

That’s fine, and it’ll happen in there again. That theory can apply to EVERYTHING…cars, houses, hotels, etc…so I’m not worried about that.

50-100 a month just for the tub electric FYI

Make sure all hoses/lines are in good shape, not cracked or leaking. Check to make sure the heater works. Check all electrical connections and make sure they are in good shape. Not much to a hot tube, just lines, jets, pump, heater.

EDIT: As far as electric bill, it all depends on how long you have it on and how good the cover is to keep the heat in. My bro got a hot tub for free, only needed a new heater. He keeps it on 24/7 and raised electric roughly $25-$30 a month

you need to care about the heating element and pump, just know that if either go you will be in for much larger than a 700 repair bill…

chemicals will run 5-20 a month as well

get some jets installed in your bathtub instead. or get a pimp bath tub. that’s what i’d rather have

Not always true. New heater element only ran my bro a few hundo and he put it in himself. Now a new pump/electric panel/and heater was $800

mmm sexy time. I’d think if it works, doesn’t leak, and is a good price then go for it. I don’t know a whole lot other than leaky ones = messy ones.

yeah…

HEY EVERYBODY, get the champagne and meet me in MY BATHTUB?

:bloated:

hottub ftw, bathtub for married women who are boring :tdown:

:stuck_out_tongue: lols. totally depends on if its for company or not. i wouldn’t want anyone else in my hottub, if they pee, its so small i’m bound to get hit with it.

Word…this is for the backyard to go along with the new deck I’m building this month. Me=single…Roommate=single…this house gets some traffic if you know what I mean, and I have no problems with other peoples fluids corrupting my tub…yes, I’m gross.

The future in-laws got a brand new hot tub and kept it heated all winter. To keep it warm enough to decide to use it, turn the heat up, and use it all in the same day spiked their electric bill $200/month. Now they have to plan a day ahead and turn the heat up.

Check the pump and all the lines, especially if it sat through a winter not used (outside). Heater too obviously.

Like most pumps, they’re cheap. But, make sure the control board works flawless. Trust me replacing them on a non-brand new tub sucks.

And if your taking it apart anyways, think about re-insulating. It will help.

do you know the brand name?

chances are the insulation isnt the best in it if its not a name brand (even some name brands suck) but yea if you want to run it year round the winter will kill you, easily $100 a month to run it, especially if your using it alot. during the summer it should be closer to $50, but u can always close it for the really cold months of the winter, just make sure the lines are all blown out and u take the pumps off and put them in your basement.

how do u know it runs well? have u seen it running or were you just told?

it sounds like it wont be a bad idea if your just looking for something cheap, parts for hot tubs really arent all that expensive unless alot of stuff shits the bed at once. and labor on them is easy as well if you are the least bit mechanically inclined

if its going to get high use just make sure u either get a floating brominator/chlorinator or make sure u add one or the other at least once every 2 days, if not once a day, or it will get pretty nasty

+1

ew dude

Underwater blowjobs? Am I missing out on something or is drowning part of the thrill?