Vermont Hill Climbs

Not sure if anyone is into this kinda shit or not, its usually tough to watch as a spectator at certain events due to obvious safety reasons. The Mt. Philo climb is a good one, usually at least one person wrecks into a tree.

http://www.hillclimb.org/

Okemo II: August 7-8, 2010
Burke II: August 28-29, 2010
Mt. Ascutney II: September 17-19, 2010
Philo: October 16-17, 2010

Video of Burke Mountain climb:

3000GT that crashed last year at Philo:

Evolution going up Philo:

Oh hai. I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile. Hopefully I can finish my car before the end of the season.

AMA just had one in pa this sunday. stepbrother drove his 125 bike

Edit: opps thought it was dirt uphill :lol

That subby is killin it. now to get a awd turbo car :shifty

i have a feeling the rabbit would be decent at this lol looks like fun

The likely hood of you crashing in a hillclimb is exceedingly higher than HPDE. If you can’t afford to replace it, don’t HC. Alot of the cars I’ve built or caged for HC customers are no longer around :frowning:

I used to attend these events all the time. Past few years have been difficult with family and business soaking up the time.

indeed. would make a great HC car with some work :slight_smile:

hmmm i might look more into this, im planning on having at least 3 mk1’s at some point

after its running ASS is gonna help make some adjustments to get it running good and we will see how the 16v runs

the beauty of it is its a pretty chill crowd. The drivers and they strong encouraged just showing up and driving - regardless of talent and machine.

but if your up to a good rivalry theres a pair of mk1 bio diesels and mk3 tdi’s that are putting down decent times.

Hillclimbs are fun. Unlike a HPDE track day, you are the only one on the “track” so someone else cannot be the cause of your incident. At a hillclimb, you are in complete control of how fast you drive. Have a spirited run up the hill will be a lot of fun and a lot less risk that trying to get a really, really good time.

Events left this year… Okemo (this weekend) which is VERY fast; Burke, which is fast, but with a lot of switchbacks; and then my favorite… Ascutney, 29 blissful turns that mix fast and corners in one package. The last event of the season is Philo… fun hill with a lot of runs.

Burke:

Ascutney:

Okemo:

Steve

Nice to see you here RabbitFarmer, if you recognize me from the “other” forum :ninja

After seeing your truck in your signature… Yes. (insert “it’s a small world” music here)