VH41DE VH45DE

Any one know any place in alberta where I can buy a VH45 or VH41 engine I am just looking right now for prices. Or does anyone know of a junkyard around edmonton with a Q45?

That’s gonna be a stretch and a half. Q45’s are crazy rare round here.
Just curious, what are you using it for?

Ya i know it sucks cause they practically give these away in the states. As for what I would be using it for I’ve been looking into mating it to a Z33 6 speed or a Z32 5 speed and then into a 240. I’m still just gathering info on this swap tho.I know that i will need a custom bell housing, custom headers, and the list goes on. Anyone got any thoughts on this? And does anyone got any more info on a VH somewhat locally?

Sick idea, very unique, but not something I’d do.
That’s going to cost sssssooooooooooo much.
Unless you get lucky, I doubt your going to find one locally (try pming jdms13rhd)
Before you get too deep though take a look at doing something easier/less costly.

If your dying to go V8 -> LSx
Or keep it Nissan -> VG30, RB25, RB26, VQ35
Something else -> 2JZ
^^^All of these will cost WAY less and can be easily upgraded to push the VH #'s.

But if you are set on doing the VH, giv’r shit! :partyman:

I would love to do an LSx swap but there is no way i will be able to get the engine for cheap. I don’t think i would like to do an RB or 2JZ because they are too heavy because of the iron block and too much weight up front also the cost and availibility. The VH engines are not as heavy as people think because they are aluminum block http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/185771 . I am not commited to this swap in any way i just think it would be a intresting swap, some guy in the states did one in a 240 http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=164663 . I am also loooking at a VQ35 I think this would also be a cool swap plus more after market support. So i think i am going to start looking in junk yards for one of these blocks mabey i will get lucky. I don’t expect i will get a 6 speed cheap so i will probably will have to buy one of these from the states somwhere. Any way i go the cost will add up quick so i might just save up for a LSx. Custom subframes FTW

Don’t let anybody talk you out of researching this project.

Try searching: http://car-part.com/

I talked to one of the guys at Autodream about the 4.5 when I was looking into swaps for my 510. He said they are easy to find, and cheap, but probably too big to fit in my car.

Good Luck with finding the info you need. That would one hell of swap. Maybe not the fastest, but sure as hell one of the coolest.

No diss or anything, but… if you think a RB or 2JZ is too expensive to swap, then the VH is not the wisest choice, price wise.

Just be sure to get a pricing list and create a budget. A properly done VH swap will run you probably 7k, easy. All I’m saying is research the shit outta it before you get half way through and run out of patience or money, whatever comes first. :partyman:

Halls auto wrecker in Fort Sask has a VQ35 they wanted $2,000 with no tranny.

I know that this would deffinatly not be a cheap swap. Personally i would prefer it over a RB or JZ(nothing against either of these great engines). I am just gathering info on the swap, i’m also looking into a VQ35 or an LSx both of which are looking like better options right now. I would still like to perform this swap someday but probably not in the near future. Once again I’m just gattering info right now but if i do stummble across a VH for a deal I can’t resist I think this swap might be happening sooner then i expected. Also just out of curiosity does anone now if an LSx 240 swap has been done in Alberta yet?