Voltage Stabilizer????

so i was just searching around on eBay for some maxima ish and a popular item was a “NISMO” voltage stabilzer…and of course it says increase in power yada yada yada yada…just wonderinf from the more technically advanced folks who know more about electronics and ish…Do these stupid things actually do anything

Unless maxima’s have something really odd or special to them. No, can’t see any benefit to it.

u mean a grounding kit? if so, then yes, they actually can make a difference. i added a couple grounds on both of my s13s, and it helped steady the idle on both of them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISMO-RACING-VOLTAGE-STABILIZER-SENTRA-SE-R-MAXIMA-S14_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33577QQitemZ8032525887QQrdZ1

no its not a grounding kit it looks like an ignition box

lol

its probably a cleverly disguized/overpriced grounding device

hey it doesnt hurt to ask does it

only when you own a maxima

rather have a maxima than a GTP supercharged or not

ughhhh these cold mornings would sway that opinion :naughty:

natures intercooler

edit: linear tq curve FTW

oh yea my voltage stabilizer > ur s/c

oh yeah may maDd lEeT dry sump blinker fluid setup>voltave stabilizer!

yea its just a fancy ground kit, cause thats not even a real nismo piece lol apexi makes on that has a box like that, so if u HAD to get one to give some under the hood bling go that route :stuck_out_tongue:

dont need one just wondering if its worth it…but maybe i will waste my 30 bux just to be a ricer

Blinker Fluid FTW

heres the deal…this box just holds a 12v charge from your battery and works exaclty like a capacitor like on a sound system to keep the current more fluent and steady. i have heard some cases of it causing an issue though so get something that not just a box with a decal of a name brand. a buddy of mine picked one up to help with the load on his car from a ginormous sound system. it helped out noticably but if your not running tons of stuff in your car that wasnt factory theres really no need for it. hope that helps

They describe this as a condenser… which means capacitor. This device would be beneficial but NOT hooked up to the battery. It would do the most good hooked up close to whatever device you are trying to stabilize voltage to. Basically if its a car amp then you want this close to the amp…
car stereo… hooked close to the receiver
ecu… hooked close to the ecu
ect,…

Its not very helpful attached directly to the battery… the battery stabilizes voltage very well on its own and that is one of its functions in a car power system

Thanx…like i said i was jst on eBay searching for other things and that came up alot just wanted to know the deal with them

i did not know that violater good info

so what woudl it actually do to teh ECU is hooked up near it…woudl it just smoothin out power or what

You should just and some more grounds to your system like Jay was saying. Someone on the Max forums probably has a DIY.