VW ads keep getting funnier...

They just put up a billboard by hoss’s in greensburg that has the new GTI on it and says “its the scheisse”. :rofl:

EDIT: scheisse = “shit” in German

they’re not that far off. they accidentally put a “the” right in the middle.

well, 23 minutes ago the new golf has been renamed “rabbit”. the press release was given to all the vw dealerships today. was told earlier and couldnt believe it. i guess when i wake up ill see if it is true.

yeah its true let me find the link from this one forum I’m on.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1590941
you don’t need to join to view the thread

thats kinda cool

not really

But all their new ads are decent when you compare them to other manufacturers.

i love their new ads, funny as hell

http://www.zeebone.com/gallery/d/33011-1/616439216_l.gif

^^ now that was funny as hell. Man I need cable, I’ve only seen one commercial.

my biggest bitch w/ calling the new golf a rabbit is it is not in any way a “rabbit”. a rabbit was light, no creature comforts, and a fun car to drive.

The new golf, although very bad ass, is 50% heavier than the old rabbit, and will not come stripped down.

now a “citi golf” or a golf w/o creature features is to come out. if they drop the 2.0 16v turbo in it, then that is a rabbit gti in my eyes.

also coming back are the scirocco. So the golf/jetta/scirocco- or the 3 cars they started w/ in the “mk1” days will all be back.

either way, i cant afford the mother fuckers. but the engine from the new car still bolts into the original rabbit. i will own the motor atleast here in the future, and will try to find an original 1st year of the rabbit (1975) to stuff it in.

vw has been developing a 16v turbo since the early 90’s to put in their a3 chasis golf/jetta (93-99), but got shit canned due to not selling cars and dropping out of wrc. So been since 1992 that vw has had shit for cars, as they lost the agile feeling of the a1 (75-84 rabbit/jetta, and until 88 on the scirocco and 93 on the cabriolet/rabbit convertible). a2’s ran from 85-92 golf jetta body

and last vw history-- cars are named after winds. golf, scirocco, jetta, corrado etc. but vw didnt want peopel to think golf as in the sport. so in the usa, it was named rabbit. DOnt know why, my guess is that was the year of the rabbit in chinese zodiac??? yet in other markets, car was still called a golf.

:blah: :blah: :blah: ^^^^^^

I believe it was an attempt to associate with the Beetle-- as in VWoA wanted a “cute” animal name people could latch onto.