VW Golf R Series Turbo

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/vw_audi_performance/scoop_2010_volkswagen_golf_r_series_turbo_coming_to_america_car_news/scoop_2010_volkswagen_golf_r_series_turbo_coming_to_america/vwr20_woodward_10_1/1963990-1-eng-US/vwr20_woodward_10_1_gallery_image_large.jpg

Not my words:

Great news for all performance lovers! The VW Golf R Series Turbo is said to come to the US. Name might be VW Golf R20.Meet the new R-series Golf. It will feature basically the same direct-injection 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine that you find in the GTI, tuned to an impressive 270 hp. Power will be transmitted to all wheels. Zero-to-60 times should be in the low- to mid-fives, and while the regular GTI tops out at a drag-limited 149 mph, the new R version will hit its governor at 155, with a theoretical top speed 10 mph or so higher.

Unlike the R32, the new R model will offer performance greater than the GTI’s, with the slightly increased weight and resistance of the AWD system easily offset by the leap in power and torque. We expect a choice of manual and dual-clutch transmissions, each with six forward ratios.

Essentially, the Golf R features the Audi S3’s powertrain. We have driven that car extensively; think WRX performance combined with Audi refinement. It’s worth noting that the new Golf MkVI, upon which this R version will be based, is more sophisticated than the Audi A3/S3.

The exterior of what we believe will be called R20 Turbo is distinguished from the GTI by an even more aggressive front spoiler, complete with three distinct air intakes, a more aggressive rear spoiler, and two center-exit exhaust pipes. Three doors will be standard, but VW will most likely also offer a five-door variation. Our artist’s renderings show a possible look for the three-door R20.
Sauce

hot damn that looks pretty sweet

may be my next ride!!!

with VW’s latest trend, im sure the price will be quite high.

cant stay away from a vw can you

Agreed,Looks pretty sick though

he can buy mine. ill give him a good price. and still be the mechanic.

Theres a deal right there !!!