W2H(want to have): Scrap

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51650

Gotta be at least a ton of metal there.

give me a PM.

What is aluminum going for as of today per pound? I have a few blocks, heads, intakes, rims etc. I want to scrap.

things like that you might get .25 a lbs, b/c it is “dirty”

.80 cents a lbs

What is considered dirty though. Its not greasy, not really dirty at all. I heard they were buying 4 alum. rims for $100? I have a set of eagle talon swirlies and other random shit none of its dirty just taking up space.

if it isnt a bare block, or bare trans housing, it is “dirty”, the wheels are “clean”. the wheels would bring about 10-17 per wheel.

No they are bare heads and block, so is it clean alum. then?

it might be, but if the guy taking it see’s/ feels it is not pure, you will get the dirty rate.

Where do you take yours Metalico? They seem pretty fair.

bump. for beer money for the crew.

get this dryer out of my basement

if anyone else wants it, they can have it. i think it just needs a new switch do-dad t make it work.

I’ve got a camaro rear end housing i keep tripping over in the garage. And some other misc crap laying around

if you help me take it out i can pick it up saturday.

ok, i will pm you.

I have a chain link fence and posts all cut up neat in my driveway if your still picking stuff up Dan.

i will give you a call on monday.

So my family is having a garage sale at my dad’s house and I told my sisters to mark up anything metal.
The sale started at 9:00 this morning but a van shows up at 7:40!!!
My dad had a rope across the driveway to keep them out as they hovered outside.
Sure enough when we let them in they went straight for all of the brass decorations!
I thought it was very telling that the first thing to get snatched up was metal for scrap.
They had brass tea kettles for $2 that could get $20 in scrap!

I might have more for you Dan. We might demo our garage so there will be garage door rails, old gutters and stuff. I’ll let you know.

yeah let me know i will be out and about this week.

bump, for the turf war…