wai

is the stillen better or jwt? Do they actually increase power? Are they worth the money? cause i have an adapter from vibrant with a filter. The only thing is that both the stillen and jwt wia have that velocity ring. does that actually work?

Heeeeeeeellllllll no. Unless you want to spend $300 for a velocity ring that will net you 1whp.

but you can get either set up which includes ring for like 150-200$

Throw a cone filter on the stock intake and be done with it. Intakes dont do alot for power and most of the small amount of power gained is from the filter anyways.

I agree most people do it for the sound. I got aabout 2whp with my cai, but does it sound so much better.

Not sure if they do or not, but Nismo claims 10WHP and 8Tq on the QR25! If you are going to mod the intake, make sure you go for the full CAI instead of WAI.

It makes sense that it would offer more power if you think about it though, you have a larger tube through which the engine can pull more air, and there are less restrictions than stock because CAI’s normally have as few bends as possible. Not to mention getting rid of that awful flex tube bullshit most cars use these days which must introduce terrible turbulence into the air stream.

what is a WAI? sorry not in my limitied vocab. (then again i just call CAI a cold air intake)

CAI = Cold Air Intake, which draws air through a cold source (ie. Not the engine bay).

WAI = Warm Air Intake, also referred to as a short-ram. It’s a short tube that goes from drawing engine bay air, which is heated by the engine of course, into the throttlebody.

CAI makes a lot more sense since everyone understands cool/cold air has denser oxegyn and makes more power.

Come on now, you don’t believe that do you? Do you think their header uncoks 16 hp at the wheels do you? Thats what they claim. At the wheels! LOLZ.

there is only 2 cai for the first gen altimas. that is place racing and hotshot. place racing i can’t even get a hold of them. and hotshot, sounds pretty good, but have no definite numbers on performance just guesses by people who have bought it

Buy something like this and save your money for suspension or something more worthwhile.

thanks but i already have one. i was just wondering if the stillen or jwt where better because of the velocity ring. by the sound of it they are not.

I don’t know, the dyno sheets I was seeing from the US got a consistent 12-14 WHP out of a header alone. I can’t recall seeing one with just a CAI dynoed, but I’d say 7/5 would be reasonable. I definately noticed a little more get up and go after installing it, and it wasn’t just butt dyno.

Anyway, JWT makes good stuff for the Sentra. Not sure the “velocity ring” would do all that much.

Come on now, you don’t believe that do you? Do you think their header uncoks 16 hp at the wheels do you? Thats what they claim. At the wheels! LOLZ.[/quote]

They must’ve been reading out of an old school Stillen tuning catalogue… What’s that? 15HP just from replacing a muffler?! I think I just saw a group of pigs flying in formation in the sky…

If I knew then what I know now, when I put a CAI on my car years ago, I would have saved the $425 that the AEM CAI cost when it first came out and would have made my own. Yuo can buy aluminum pipe bends for a decnt price and just have a short ram made with simpel bends and a few couplers and then buy your own KN filter. Ah well… you live, you learn.