We got our first Camaro SS in

I AutoX regularly with a HIGHLY BUILT 996 GT2. I hang with him, though I admit he gets me most of the time. But it’s a race-only car, gutted to the extent the rules allow, no compromise alignment etc. I can take getting beaten by a trailered race car when I drive to/from.

http://www.wwracing.net/photos/AlamedaPT3_09/25.jpg

He (literally) has more into modifying and developing that car than I paid for mine. :shrug:

And who the hell can’t daily drive on 20"s? I DD’ed my Lexus on 19"s for a long, long time. And my sidewalls were shorter than those on the new Camaro (the overall tire height on the Camaro is pretty huge). I really don’t understand your argument here.

Some people DO care about performance in their DD. When you have 426HP (which I guess is now underpowered!!! :hahano: ) in a ~3800lbs car what is wrong with putting some big brakes on it? I can’t believe you’re going to say it’s not a viable DD because it has big brakes and 20"s. I daily drove my '99 Z/28 for most of the 5.5 years I owned it and the last 2 or 3 years I had Porsche 996 TT front brakes on it… I guess that meant it wasn’t really a DD.

-TJ