well i joined the club

Joined the club of those who’ve been down. started going around a corner last night hit some gravel and rear tire kicked right out. I was doing about 40ish mph had on full gear and do not have a scratch on me. As for the bike sliders saved a lot, but gonna need a new rear set and rear master cylinder as long as some new paint on the lower fairing. So in all lucky night for this guy…

Heard about this tonight, glad you’re okay dude :tup: lemme know if you need anything

:tup: to a story with a happy ending. Good to hear you’re ok.

Yup

absolutely. +eleventybillion on the gear too! (it saved my ass as well)

amazingly awesome that you’re ok!!

take some pictures of your gear and post it on here so those who don’t wear it can see how well it works

shitty man, where did that happen, out by us?

glade you’re ok, this is why I always wear gear when riding a bike! pics

good to hear your ok :tup:

i’ll snap some pics of the gear, how ever the gear is hardly touched. As soon as my leathers hit the ground it made me start rolling. as for my helmet its got a few scuffs that i already buffed out :wink: i’m amazed my gear didn’t have more marks. Happened last little “corner” if u can even call it a corner where the 198 goes to the 190 split

Welcome. Membership fee is required. :slight_smile: Glad to hear your okay!

Good to hear all is well duder :tup:

While were on the subject, thread hijack in progress, anyone have any experience with Draggin’ Jeans cargos?

I need some gear and sliders… those stones are killer. had a close call avoiding some in a corner not long a ago

my sliders were even the cheapo plastic ones, cost me 20 bucks and saved 90% of the bike. damage got lower fairing, rear brake lever, exhaust mid pipe, and barely caught the oil pump cover.
I highly suggest gear and sliders!

Welcome! Glad you were dressed properly and walked away unscathed. Way to do it right. :tup: Now buff that shit out and get back on the horse!

^ agreed. as for proper gear,flannel jackets arent as good as they look haha. you deff get scratches, i know all about that! lol

Get yourself a mesh jacket with perforated leather on shoulders and elbows. Much more flow and added durability in the impact areas.

Oh, and “technically” your helmet is now garbage. The inner foam, you know the part that protects your melon by crushing and thus absorbing impact, crushes even when the outer shell rebounds and looks OK. Going by the book you should have it x-rayed and then shitcan it if the foam is crushed.

Personally if it were just a couple of scuffs I wouldn’t worry about it, but if it looks like it took a couple of good whacks then it no longer offers any protection in those spots and you have to decide for yourself how much those particular spots on your head matter to you. :stuck_out_tongue:

yup…

also… i didnt realize this happened on the 198… you sure are lucky… also, how were you only going 40 mph there???

Guess: He was doing about 40 when he lost it? Maybe he was able to slow down before the fall??