Welp here is another beater problem......check it out Brian

Well today I was helping brad replace his crush guard and we needed some bolts. So when we get back from home depot I park the truck and sut it off as. I do that The pedle goes to the floor and I see white smoke coming out. well here is what I removed and Have to go piece together tomarrow when I’m supposed to be sleeping.

Any suggestions on where to go store wise that they should have this stuff handy. These guys at the advance auto seem pointless and unless you have part numbers they are lost with out their computer…

i think i have one if u need it!

really? cool is it still in good shape or is it rusted pretty bad? those lines I took off had a bunch of soft spots.

If you do Hvae one I will come out tomarrow to get it if thats possible. I have to have this thing back on the road so I can get to work friday night. :frowning:

im almost 1oo% sure,just got to find it!

Well I have to return the break lines I bought in the morning so do you want me to call you early? Like 9? If thats cool I will come out in old clothes and help you take them out. both tires will have to be pulled though. so if its too much work don;t worry about it and I’ll just try and find an credible part store.

Unless you you have some widsom about getting them out with out pulling the wheels I don’t know about.

you probably do since I don;t do this shit 24/7 and its the first time I had to play with break lines

dont know if i have the lines just the union,or we could rig something off a newer one!

ok cool. I will return the lines I got since they are the wrong ones and see what they have. I will call you in the morning after i see whats up.

Thanks brian.

Welp the lines are all installed. All I have to do is bleed the lines majorly due to replacing eveything up to the master cylinder but I have to have some one here to do it. So I have to get jenn on her lunch to come home and hold the break pedal for me.

The coils I had to make arn;t perfect but they are there :dunno:

Any words of advise on bleeding these bitches since its the whole front break line? I already let it gravity feed as much as it wanted to. I figure when jenn gets here have her pump the breaks a few times then hold it to the floor. wile I crack the bleeder tillit shoots theh close it before she releases. One side at a Time of course.

Anything I;m missing?

start with the one thats far away from master,pump three times hold,than work ur way to the closest,DO NOT LET THE BRAKE PEDAL HIOT THE FLOOR!! it will blow out the master!

I think that tidbit of advice came too late… hope we didn’t screw anything up.

Today, 11:59 AM lunch is 12pm

can’t bo hold the pedal? :smiley:

Well I can;t even get the fucking thing started now. I think it is the battery because after 3 7-second cranks it can hardly crank the motor. I can smell Gas so I don’t think its the fuel pump. I tried jumping it when jenn was here but due to the gas smell I think it was flooded. I guess I;ll go buy a battery and see what happends.

But he had to come pick me up cause he had my car. :hs:

hold it to the floor,than start cranking it!!DO NOT PUMP THE GAS!

hold what to the floor? The gas pedal? or the break pedal?

I;m confused…

hold the gas pedal to the floor. if the engine is flooded it will allow more air into the motor and it will start.

when its starts let off the gas some so it dont blow up till it clears up!!

Welp I got the fucking thing started and then I called my mechanic. He is going to look it over and since its due for inspection next moth anyways he is going to inspect the thing too. I was trying to hold off on inspection due to only putting 4300 miles on the truck since last years inspection and its still under the 5000 mile exemption mark. Oh well.

As for the starting and flooding. After thinking and such it must ahve somthing to do with the rain. Both Times this has happend it had gotten done storming really bad.

The gas pedal thing didn;t work and what eventually got it started was having it jumped to my wife’s car to keep the battery charging and about 10 min worth or on and off cranking. It would sound like one cylinder would fire real quick then it would just stop. Eventually after a few times of doing that it would slowly start up shaking I would hit the gas and it would go right into a normal Idle.

:dunno:

I;m guesisng it has somthing to do with either teh battery, Plugs, wires, or distributer cap / rotor, But I don;t have tome to figure it out because I have to get it to bed so I can go to work in 4 hours :doh:

Thanks again guys.

:hs:

tune up :dunno:

when the wires get wet they act like that