Lost a good 518 runner tonight...

Im not going to use any names, but most here know the “Black S10” that comes to the lot. Well he was out last night practice launching and it hooked hard right and flipped over, leaving only the tailgate salvageable. Luckily he has a cage and harnesses so hes alright, but the truck doesnt look too good. Hes a cool ass dude and is in a bit of a tight spot right now, im trying to think of a way to help him out…anyone have any ideas? Maybe get some kind of fundraiser or something to help him out…idk. Thanks for any/all help guys, it would mean alot to me/him.

wow, where was this?

Damn man, Eddie is a good guy. Sucks that had to happen.

that sucks how can we raise $ . i remember eddie from back in my day 3 or 4 years ago lol is he looking for another s10 ?

motor/running gear can’t be too too bad right?

drop the motor in something else.

If he left it running after it flipped, it could’ve spun a bearing due to no oil because of being upside down.

what kind of help does he need? another chassis or financial?ill do what i can

He says he’s done with it and the motor, tranny and frame are ok.
Id like to see that motor in an '80’s G body.

Frame, rear engine and suspension are all ok. Body panels and glass are fucked.

I remember eddie from back in the day, haven’t seen him in a while. Sucks to hear…

Yea big time, Paul the only reason hes “giving up” is cuz he doesnt have the funds to put it back together and whatnot. Plus hes been workin on gettin it to run good for years, so its all overwhelming right now.

Yeah that’s def. hard to take after putting all that work into it.

I know he wont give up on it that easily. I say shit like when Im pissed off at my car too.

I can understand the money issue too. I think most of us can.

Cause S10’s are a dime a dozen i was thinkin that gettin body parts wont be too bad, fenders, bed etc. They arent too expensive.

John…theirs your motor/tranny for your Iroc :banana

Funny…

1998 S10
blown mtr, 4.3 Vortec, 5spd, 4WD, needs brakes, back window, pass mirror & leafspring, parts/fix, must be towed, $700 Fort Ann, NY (518) 260-1549

like jammer says, when i see god, thats when i let off… im sure thats running through his head right now, with that daughter of his… hell be back next year im sure. probably on a hiatus for the season.

a friend of mine has a 95 extended cab in his back yard motor is smoked ill see what i can do

oh yeah drew that motor would corkscrew my car the first launch are cars are called f/bodys for a reason the f=flex ;D