What acoustic guitars are good?

Looking for a good acoustic guitar but don’t know which brands are good? I found a Yamaha f335 for 149 and Epiphone dr100 for 108 and would like to know if they are any good. it will be my first guitar just for learning purposes. Any help will help. Thank you.

Get an Ovation. If you don’t wanna spend the money on an ovation get an applause.

Ovation = Applause
Gibson = Epiphone
Fender = Squier

Lesser brands, etc.

Guilds, Martin , Fender, are all good brands

I have a yamaha and I love it. It’s treated me very well for 3 years

i have a few guitars but my favorite is honestly my applause

i treat it like crap, utter garbage and it LOVES it!
always sounds nice, has a shallow body and it never complains.

i mean, i throw this guitar. id love an ovation but i could never throw it.

Ive got a taylor and its magnificent. But they start in the $500+ range so yeah. I learned on a lower end ($150 or so) Epiphone and it was a great starter guitar.

I guess I’ll buy the Epiphone DR100 or one of Epiphone other guitars.
Thank you a lot for all the info, I guess Yamaha is good for keyboards but not as much for guitars.

Pretty much all the guitars you’re looking at are going to be of similar materials/build quality. I would recommend whichever guitar feels most comfortable to hold/play for a while.

Just dont fall for the “Esteban late night be a guitar god overnight infomercial”. Those guitars are absolute junk.

i have both and they both sound great, the taylor is an electric acoustic and is just a cut above, but very pricey. i also have a washburn and its a great guitar as well.

i have a brand new one because my dad always buys us stuff he’s into for christmiss and im not into guitars ill tell u what it is when i go check towmorrow.

So i got
Epiphone AJ-200SCE
It sounded way better then the DR100 and has a built in tuner = less crap to buy and the price was just right :slight_smile:

Now that that the hard part (purchasing) is out of the way, enjoy www.911tabs.com for all your song learning desires.

google is a wonderful thing…