what and where to get car audio

russian you need some help with teh audio i see. kustom workz FTW if you need cheap ive got an audiobahn 12 that took trophys that im not using cuz i upgraded.100 bucks in an enclosure. hit 135 DB untuned.

Plenty of people with a lot of decent used components around. As far as installation though I couldn’t input on that.

I can do wiring, but I don’t do mounting however as I lack skill in that area. I can do clean wiring however.

FYI The correct formula is:

rmsWattage = peakWattage * .3535

what kinda car? if its a hatchback you won’t need much of anything to make it sound decent. just make sure you go by RMS numbers, NOT peak numbers. if your car is struck by lightning, you might hit that peak number :lol:

Ok i wasnt saying my system was good. I was giving some base info on what to look for.

I know a lot about audio. I just dont have that much money. I will be soon a proud owner of Elevation Audio’s Execution Series Subwoofers.

1.21 jiggawatt systems are the pwnzor. :tup:

go to Stereo Advantage, talk to Dan and tell him Mike that used to work there sent u. i belive they still have a deal going on where you get 2 Alpine Type E 12s, a box and an amp for like $350. thats a hell of a deal for all Alpine shit right there. as far as wiring goes, dont let Stereo sell u on all the Monster cable shit. doint get me wrong, its great and everything, but when you’re putting in a $300 system, you’re not gonna notice any difference at all between Monster and some shit brand. u can prob get the wiring for less than $30 somewhere. i kno Fuzzy offered to help put it in, and i would be willing to lend a hand as well.

just a few more misc. items:

-do you have a factory headunit or adfermarkt? if you have factory and plan on keeping it, you will need to get Line Level Converters

-dont build a box. a sheet of 3/4" MDF costs $25 at the lumber yard, and then you gotta but stuff to cover it, and get the tereminals for it. go to Stereo Advantage and pick up a dual 12 box made by Subzone for $40. while each sub has different air space specs, they usually have a range (.75-1.25 cubic feet, for example) and the Subzone ones are very good at being able to accomodate a wide variety of subs.

-if for some reason you still insist on building your own box, make sure you 100% kno what subs you will be putting in and get the spces as to how much air space they need. they usually give u a rage, and i always tried to get right in the middle or if i had the option, go a LITTLE to the lower side. and, i think this goes without saying, BUT, remember u are looking at the INSIDE demensions of the box, sot the outside, so if you are using 3/4" MDF, factor that extra 3/4" in on each side.

i cant think of anything else right now, but if u have any other questions, let me kno.

The man speaks the truth. :tup:

Kustom Workz FTW!!

:tup: thanks!

ill sell u my 2 12" orion xtreme’s for 100 bucks. 500rms a piece. i also have a wiring kit ill throw in. all u need is an amp.

im sorry Fuzzy, but that made me laugh. :lol:

Tis true though, the only thing it will provide over standard copper wire is weight reduction in the form of your wallet.

I dont wanna be a party pooper but what is the point of a “thumping” system?

i do have to be honest, the Monster stuff does make a difference over what you could buy at Wal Mart…that is if you have a $12,000 system, but who needs that???

yeah, don’t build your own box. chances are, it will be inefficient.

i dont want to badmouth people who build thier own boxes, if you have a custom application, then thats what you need to do. building a box is not as difficult as i perhaps made it out to be, and as long as you do your research, use common sense and make sure to take your time and do a lot of test fitting, re-measuring and re-calculating along the way to make sure you are keeping within spec, you will be fine. i built a custom box for my Porsche 944 (which never saw its way into the car, o well) but it took me a really really long time to do it. i think i worked on it for like 8 hours straight (mostly because i jsut got into it and didnt want to stop while thigsn were fresh in my head) but when i was done, it was withing 1/8th of an inch to spec, and it fit like a glove in the car. if you’re just throwing a set of subs in the truck of your DD< then just go pre-made.

1. get stuff on ebay (audiobahn and ma audio IMO are the best quality for the dollar)

2. learn how to install yourself - wiring/car audio is one of the easiest things to learn, there’s usually wiring diagrams for everything

3. thump thump thump

not when u know what u are doing and have the proper tools and materials

Audibahn is GARBAGE. You are paying for looks. And in your case buy a pre-built box. I can build a box that sounds ten times better than any pre-built, but that is only when you are actually building a system worth listening to. Sounds like you want something cheap and efficient. I can give you a hand installing it, if you need a hand and are local. i installed the systems in many cars, including all of mine, and you don’t try to install a system in a $60K+ car unless you know what you are doing. Are you going with a Stock or Aftermarket head unit?

i disagree sir. my amp, cap, and 2 subs are audiobahn, all from ebay, and they outperform many of the similar JL, Fosgate, and Kicker items. you’re right though, they do look good, and they’ve lasted many years.

i really think you might not have a clue what you’re doing, since if you knew anything about car audio, you would understand that the first thing that should be changed is the HEAD UNIT, since that puts out the POWER (signal) to the speakers.

also, unless you need something VERY specific, i wouldn’t ever recommend trying to build your own box, simply b/c you can get quality custom fit boxes for tons of applications for CHEAP. wake up skippy!