What can kramerbuttz do for you?

Kramerbuttz can’t do shit for you

he fuckin sucks!

j/k :hug

I wub you kramer… I can haz free detail :excited

No really, come take care of my shit before I lock you in the basement forever

Kramer, does this shit work on carbon fiber hoods? My hood looked fine until I had it parked underneath some trees =p and ever since, it looks like ass.

Yup. A 5 y/o Casio 5MP point and shoot :smiley:

I’ll be getting in touch with you later in the week. You’ll see why later today :shifty

If it’s got a good clearcoat on it than it should work beautifully. I’m know a carbon fiber connoisseur so I dunno if they do or not, but if it does, that’s all I’m really working with so it doesn’t matter if there’s paint or uber-light CF underneath it :smiley:

By the way, I just hit the 500 PM mark on shift518 :excited

well shit, I dunno man… it looks like the coat is sorta peelin, but it was parked under shade… beneath some trees. So I dont know if treesap or whatever got on it and caked into the coat or what. I dont know shit about this. I’ve washed it, scrubbed it, waxed it… nothing.

are you going to be at the april 26th auto X ? if not, ill check it out on may 16-17, unless you want to meet up before then. shoot me a PM or on AIM if you’d like

No April 26th, I still have some things to get done with my car. I’ll shoot you a message on AIM when I get my car back.

don’t we all :lol

sounds good :thumbup

I cant believe how bad that paint is, did you use a yellow pad? I cant imagine a orange would do much.

Black car, those swirls, $100 bucks? WTF get outta town, no thanks.

The pad I’m using for the polishes (works flawlessly):

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+polishing/orbitals+and+car+polishing+tools/orange+foam+polishing+pad.do

And my wax:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+waxing/orbitals+and+car+waxing+tools/red+wax+pad.do

and yeah, i know… it’s definitely on the cheap side for this job. it just makes it a lot easier and less painful though to have a flat rate for this type of detail, even if some cars need a LOT more work than others :lol

IMO, you should use a couple stages here. I’m not telling you what to do, I’m just trying to heed some advice.

That car might need a more abrasive yellow pad. Then wack it with the orange. Then wax/etc. Might need a couple stages of polish too.

More props to ya man, that would be $275-$300 for me, I could see 15+ hours on that thing.

Oh, no, no problem. I’m not going to turn down advice from someone a lot more experienced than myself :lol

And I’m using Griot’s 4 stage polishing system, if that’s what you want to call it:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+polishing/car+polishes/set+of+4+machine+polishes.do

I’ve yet to meet a clear coat scratch that can’t be nearly eliminated or completely removed with my cute little orange pads, ask turbotravis, a cat had a tourette’s attack on his trunk lid and no one could ever tell now :lol

This car is one of my family’s good friend’s, he’s not looking for anything mindblowing, just to fix the mistakes he made with the shovel/broom/steel wool pad/chainsaw on his paint and to clean it up a little bit, i think he’s trading it in soon, too.

I just don’t have the reputation or customer base yet to fetch the cars and people that would be willing to pay that kind of money for a detail. For example. I’m detailing a late 90’s Chrylser T & C as we speak and a late 90’s Accord later this afternoon. Not all the cars I do are average/above average. I’m slowly working my way up the ranks :smiley:

No problem. What your using is perfect then. I thought you were only doing one step then a wax, my fault. :rofl

Building up a strong customer base is whats vital. I stopped detailing because I ran out of time and couldn’t do it full time. I have a select few now, but thats it.

I dont think a detailer ever masters his skills, it truly takes a lifetime. The industry is ever changing as well.

If someone could find me a single stage polish that worked that well I’d buy $853,346,235 worth of it :lol . I use 1 orange pad for each polish in the 4 stages.

I’m always finding ways to do things quicker, easier and better even after 100+ cars (that’s a lot to a non detailer, but nothing for an experienced detailer). It’s really just a profitable hobby for me at this point, next year, if I expand as much as I have in previous years, I’ll more than likely be filing taxes and getting an insurance policy, just in case. Also, that should allow me to advertise in more high-end forums/locations without issues or reluctancy.

Fixed.

Anywho…great work Ryan.

black paint is the best and the worst at the same time