What do Dale Earnhardt and Pink Floyd have in common?

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:96,topic:30685"”]

One thing aobut circle track racing is it’s fan friendly. Most of the time you can see all or most of the action.

[/quote]

that and you can bring a cooler full of beer in :headbang:

Indeed, go to a rally, walk 3 miles through the woods for 10 minutes of racing.

Wowzers

That dude with the 3 shaved in his back :hardcore: :stuck_out_tongue:

I am really surprised at the turn this thread took or maybe not.

I enjoy watching the races…I would love to go to a race some day.

I just love all the people that bag on it for being a circle track dominated form of racing yet the biggest open wheel race in the world is the Indy 500…which hmmmmm big ass oval. Also home of the Brickyard 400 a NASCAR event.

And final thoughts on it being like driving on a thruway…Ok…but at 3x the speed limit with a car sometimes less than a foot off your side front and ass.

And anything you can train a monkey to do is pretty awesome…I mean hell they did put them in space so I guess Astronauts have no skill either.

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:103,topic:30685"”]

the biggest open wheel race in the world is the Indy 500…which hmmmmm big ass oval.

[/quote]

What measure are you using to qualify that? I don’t think the Indy 500 even comes close, except maybe for distance or field size, to the biggest open wheel race in the world.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:104,topic:30685"”]

What measure are you using to qualify that?

[/quote]

race day attendance of 250,000 + ?

Not to downplay that, but the very first F1 race in Melbourne, Australia drew over 400,000 people.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:106,topic:30685"”]

Not to downplay that, but the very first F1 race in Melbourne, Australia drew over 400,000 people.

[/quote]

http://www.grandprixcities.com/raceattendances.html

[B]2007
March 18, 2007 Australian Fromula One Grand PRix - Albert Park Cicrcuit, Melbourne, Australia race day attendance of 105,000 (Source: Sky News Australia)

April 2, 2006 Australian Fromula One Grand PRix - Albert Park Cicrcuit, Melbourne, Australia - four-day aggregate attendance of 301,800 –including a race day crowd of 103,000 (a drop from 2005) [/B]

BTW that is 250k seating capacity, not including the infield.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/irl/indy500/2004-05-27-attendance-count_x.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/autorace/longterm/1999/indy500/facts.htm

With 250,000 seats, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the largest sports venue in the world. Annual attendance generally draws more than 400,000 spectators.

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:107,topic:30685"”]

[/quote]

snip.

ZING! You win.

Conflicting numbers…

Indy is huge, no doubt. I just wanted some substantiation that it is actually the biggest open wheel race.

My basis for it was the venue size of Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the history of the event and storied and much coveted tradition behind the event.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:109,topic:30685"”]

Conflicting numbers…

[/quote]

Nothing conflicting about it, you numbers include 4 day attendance, as do mine. However, my numbers also list race day attendence.

April 2, 2006 Australian Fromula One Grand PRix - Albert Park Cicrcuit, Melbourne, Australia - four-day aggregate attendance of 301,800 --including a race day crowd of 103,000 (a drop from 2005)

Figured it was an aggregate, I didn’t see that part of your original quote.

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:103,topic:30685"”]

Wowzers

That dude with the 3 shaved in his back :hardcore: :stuck_out_tongue:

I am really surprised at the turn this thread took or maybe not.

I enjoy watching the races…I would love to go to a race some day.

I just love all the people that bag on it for being a circle track dominated form of racing yet the biggest open wheel race in the world is the Indy 500…which hmmmmm big ass oval. Also home of the Brickyard 400 a NASCAR event.

And final thoughts on it being like driving on a thruway…Ok…but at 3x the speed limit with a car sometimes less than a foot off your side front and ass.

And anything you can train a monkey to do is pretty awesome…I mean hell they did put them in space so I guess Astronauts have no skill either.

[/quote]

lol i hear ya.
touche.

and just for the record. i dont hate anyone on this forum, i dont base what people say on here the same as i do in person. so back to the joke, i lol’d and now im done with the arguing. lol

[quote=“cky89,post:113,topic:30685"”]

lol i hear ya.
touche.

and just for the record. i dont hate anyone on this forum, i dont base what people say on here the same as i do in person. so back to the joke, i lol’d and now im done with the arguing. lol

[/quote]

I guess I wont have to punch you in the face now lol:headbang:

lol good, ive gone 17 years without it happening i hope it lasts my whole life haha.

iwantyoursupraughitssohotanditownsmytalon
lol