what do you guys think this o2 housing is worth - the more opinions i get, the better

AKA Ferrari (tom) will be happy to see this. He hates slowboy racing alot. for good reason.

Thanks for the info, just another reason in my book to not buy anything from them.

Jeller

That SLAG, is 100 precent proof that its absolute crap. If you back purge stainless, its a very nice and smooth inside weld. If you don’t, it looks like shit, and its a whole lot more crack prone. If thats the shit they sell, i wouldn’t recomend anyone to them, and they need to be shot. 10 bucks says its made overseas, cause if theres guys in the states too fuckin cheap to put at least some SOLAR flux on the inside, then they ruin what little of a name american quality had.

only reason i hate buying sh!t online :slight_smile:
GL

the part looks nice, but due to where the wastegate recirculation tube enters the main body, i bet it creeps. For 80 though I guess you can’t complain.

id pay 75$ and thats it…anything more then that is a jack

$290??

wow in that case that is fucking garbage, especially seeing those additional pics.

:word: to everyone above, thanks for the input

anyone else want to give some input ?

I think this makes for a nice contrast, done by a local board member who apparently has skill and pride in what he does:

The piece in question was simply not welded properly.

wow, the welding knowledge is huge on this forum. i waited to see what sort of responses this thread got before i replied…here is my input:

not purging the weld isnt the worst thing that i see. granted i cant see much… but as far as strength of the weld goes, even under extreme heat, that detail is minute. at least in my experience.

would i pay alot of money for this piece? no
would i say these welds are top quality? no
would i be happy with this piece as it is delivered to my door? fuck no

but for many of you guys just jumping on the “bad weld” bandwagon…you are just mis-informed…in the sense that not every bad looking weld is a bad weld.

disclaimer: i am not the worlds best welder. i do not proclaim to be the the welder amongst welders. i am not saying i know how to fabricate this housing using half the material, 1/4 the time, or that i could do it with my eyes closed. however, i do weld fo a living and have met almost every cert given to me. fin

:word:

got nowhere today on the phone

got pissed off

called CC company

initiated a chargeback (total of $731)

if they refund us the $ willingly we will cancel the chargeback, saving them the associated fees

if the CC Co. gets us the $ back via chargeback (which is to say that SBR doesnt man up and fix this themselves), i will do everything in my power to spread what i think of sloboy racing all over the intraweb, with full documentation, including audioclips