what does Pittspeed think of the Samsung A900?

http://www.techgadgetforums.com/files/a900_samsung.jpg

47MB internal memory + 12MB for other shit. MP3 player, Sprint Power Vision, EV-DO,
Bluetooth wireless technology

Built-in MP3 player with dedicated front-mounted buttons

1.3 Megapixel digital camera lets you send Sprint PCS PictureMail or VideoMail

Outstanding voice-activated dialing lets you just speak a phonebook name with no pre-training

Amazingly bright 2.5" display shows over 262,000 colors

Ringer Profiles & Picture Caller ID

my Sanyo MM-8300 fell out of my hoodie pocket when I was talking a shit this morning. despite a spirited (and messy) effort to quickly retrieve it, it was sunk for a couple seconds. didnt immediately short, took it apart and dried it but I kept loosing more and more buttons over the day. Went to the local sprint store and my contract was up anyways so I decided to get something a little pricey. Did I do ok?

motorola Q > *

Looks good for what it is, as long as you like it at the end of the day IMO.

a guy i work with has one. so far he really likes it. most ppl complain about the razrs buttons but the samsung one has a sturdier keypad.

ugh… i guess. if you like no touch screen and ten minutes of battery life a day.

that samsung looks nice… just dont drop this one in the toilet.

I have an A900…I love everything about it excpet for the battery life…its so bad its ridiculous.

sprint ftl

That and the way they have the charger port. In order to charge the phone it has to be either open upside down or closed upside down. Either way it won’t be sitting with the screen face up.

Other than those problems, I love the phone. I use to mistake it for a pack of orbit gum when it was in my pocket.

:hsugh:

^^what do you expect though. The battery is so small and the phone has many features you’ve got to lose somewhere.

I agree most of the skinny phones are like this…

I used to sell this phone, it is a good phone but i feel that the Sanyo katana is a better phone. Sanyo makes the best phones that Sprint PCS offers. They continuously win the JD Power award for quality of their products. They are similarly priced as well.

I haven’t heard to much about the katana. Check out www.sprintusers.com. You can find alot of usefull info there.

the sprint = tried to talk me into an A900.

went with an A660 instead.

its not a bad phone though, just not what i needed.

well so far I really like it. Super cool, feels great in the hand. nice features. But as previously stated, the battery life is ABYSMAL! for the first time in my life I’m going to have to buy a car charger. Also, the ringer is quiet as hell, the vibrate is weak. I’ve missed a bunch of calls just because I had the stereo turned up a little in the car.

WTF do u need a cell phone for? U HAVE no FREINDS and the guys who do call u…are for booty calls only.

Once you get to know the phone better and get used to the sucky battery life, you wont even notice it. The phone has really cool features, and the menus are nice looking, and its only takes a few hours to completely be familiar with it. The controls on the front of the phone for MP3’s is cool, but I dont ever use them. The camera takes decent photos, for a phone, and the video camera is cool too…it even has a spot light. You’ll like the phone