What is fast?

• Slow - Waiting to go on a couple dates before bumpin uglies
    • Not Slow - Getting a BJ on the first date
    • Pretty Quick - Slammin’ at the end of the first date
    • Quick - Bangin’ without ever going out in the first place.
    • Pretty Fast - Handy in the taxi cab back from elmwood
    • Fast - Getting your knob slobbed on in the bathroom down on Allen
    • Really Fast - Anal in the parking garage DT

Question: Are you ranking Skunk?

When I bought my 02 wrx. I thought it was really fast,because i was used to driving a pickup.

I consider a “quick car” anycar that has a sub 6 second 0-60.

V6 camrys are “quick cars” same with a wrx or the new tundra.Most BMW’s fit in this class to. I would also consider a stock sti/evo a quick car as they can’t achieve a low 5 sec 0-60 time unless the driver is a halfway decent driver.

A slow car would be any car with a +8 sec 0-60 time.

A “fast” car would be a modded evo,fbod ect.

A really fast car would be any high end exotic… Enzo,Zonda, new zr1.

A f430,z06 and 911TT would fit in a seperate class right above a “fast” car

“unless otherwise noted”

this was so people weren’t saying that the FBODY had a GT42 or something…

i don’t care what your criteria is. if you want to call a lotus elise fast and a top fueler slow because it’s faster on a road course, then by all means. The point isn’t to RATE THE CARS, but to try and quantify how you define a FAST car.

however.

From personal experience…

Skunk: Quick

Skunk’s woman: Really Fast

I also define fast on what the car is “supposed” to be.

I do not consider a c5 vette running 12’s FAST.

However, I DO consider a 7000# dodge diesel pickup truck running low 13’s FAST. Or a Tundra running low 14’s stock FAST. BEcause, well, they are pickup trucks.

I very fast car would be a car running in the 11’s or 10’s

while a very fast pickup or suv would be that running 13’s

:eyebrow:

Slow - Scraper going hella dummy

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH.

Best post ever.

First off Mr.Newman its Pagani Zonda, not Pagoni. :wink: :sword:

I’ll give this a whirl:

• Slow - Base Focus/Cobalt/Civic si/ my Tc
  • Not Slow - Cobalt SS, Neon SRT4, Saturn Ion Redline
  • Pretty Quick - Sti/evo, LT1 Fbody, Mustang GT
  • Quick - LS1 Fbody, LS1 C5, C6, 03-04 Cobra
  • Pretty Fast - C6 Z06, Viper, F430
  • Fast - 06+ Pagani Zonda, Lamborghini Murcielago, any <10s car, my IROC
  • Really Fast - Any Top Fuel Car

I am amazed when I see new cars with 600+hp.
I can’t say what fast is but, I can say it is changing everyday.
I remember being excited about 272hp in my Evo just a few short years ago.
Now it’s meh.

There are so many variables here…

Someone who is more familiar with their slightly slower car can beat someone in their “on paper” fast car. Just as familiarity with “the course” can have a huge impact.

Financial perspective also comes heavily into play…

Many exotics are potentially very fast but who really has the balls to find out? Not many people besides magazine editors that’s for sure. Maybe your Lambo can pull a 3.7 sec 0-60 but how many times? And how long will you cry when you get that $15-20K clutch bill? You could build a whole DSM for that much! I would say that many of the people who can just afford their high dollar cars can’t really afford to beat on them, whereas the guys who buy exotics with money they found in their couch cushions (and therefore could afford to rebuild them every so often) can’t be bothered to even drive them.

All this adds up to people building (or wanting to build) cars that are rediculously unusable just because some guy on the internet said you suck unless you can run 11 or 10 sec 1/4 miles. Anyone who has played Gran Turismo (or similar) can probably remember having a perfectly balanced, fun, fast car then pushing for more power and ending up with garbage. This is the same with real cars. Funny how so many people that haven’t driven a 300hp car want to build a 500hp car.

Slow - Dodge Ram w/ a hemi Civic Si Base Focus/Cobalt/Civic Cobalt SS
Not Slow Sti/evo Fbody
Quick - C5 z06 Viper Gen I and II
Pretty Fast - C6 Z06 Viper SRT
Fast Pagani Zonda, F430, etc. Any <10s Car
Really Fast - Top Fuel Dragster F1 etc.

Dude your thinking way to much about this, its an opinionated question. How do you rate cars, when your talking and BS’ing with your buddies what would u consider to be :

• Slow -
  • Not Slow -
  • Pretty Quick -
  • Quick -
  • Pretty Fast -
  • Fast -
  • Really Fast -

That’s what she said.

see now I disagree here. Ive never even ridden in a car that can run 12’s and I know that Ive been in some pretty fast cars.

Zong’s is def. fast. G35 coupe that i drive a lot, is def. a fast car as far as i’m concerned. My turbo civic is def. at the very least, pretty quick.

but the reason why disagree is that I just havent been around many 10 second cars, whereas i am sure you have. So you would consider my car very slow i’m sure.

Slow or not, MPD would probably just hate on your car.

I dont consider STI’s slow. They are not slow, with a tune and exhaust they are definitely quick. But certainly not fast IMO. It all depends on what you’re used to working on, riding in, driving in.

:lolham:
I have no idea what he drives.

everyone hates on my car, cept. you Zong. Thats why I <3 you.

turbo civ.

I had to edit my last post, I def. think Zong’s sti is fast. And by that, I mean that stock STIs are fast.