What is fast?

I don’t know if there are any production cars that i would even call FAST.

but it’s very subjective…

Match these adjectives:

• Slow
  • Not Slow
  • Pretty Quick
  • Quick
  • Pretty Fast
  • Fast
  • Really Fast

To these cars
(cars are more or less stock, unless noted otherwise. add anything else you can think of, including your car as it sits, etc):

• Sti/evo
  • Civic Si
  • Fbody
  • C6 Z06
  • Viper
  • Cobalt SS
  • Pagoni Zonda, F430, etc.
  • Base Focus/Cobalt/Civic
  • Top Fuel Dragster
  • Any <10s Car
  • Dodge Ram w/ a hemi

If you think that an Sti/Evo is really fast, then obviously, you would list it, and everything faster, under really fast. You don’t need to back this up with any numbers, just what you THINK fast is…

Here’s Mine

• Slow - Dodge Ram w/ a hemi, Base Focus/Cobalt/Civic
  • Not Slow - Cobalt SS, Civic Si
  • Pretty Quick - Sti/evo, Fbody
  • Quick - MY STi
  • Pretty Fast - C6 Z06, Viper, Pagoni Zonda, F430, etc.
  • Fast - Any <10s Car
  • Really Fast - Top Fuel

WAT?

stfu. it’s not hard.

this thread sucks…

i guess…

i figured it was a fairly interesting look into what people thought was fast, because i know that people have told me that their cobalt SS was FAST.

• Slow - Dodge Ram w/ a hemi, Base Focus/Cobalt/Civic
    • Not Slow - Cobalt SS, Civic Si
    • Quick - sti/evo
    • Pretty Fast - C6 Z06, Viper, Pagoni Zonda, F430
    • Really Fast - <10s Car, Top Fuel
    • Disturbingly Fast - Fbody

well, if the only other car you’ve ever driven was mom’s minivan, you would think so too

Fast = Estorvito’s old setup. When it got traction…
Slow = My miata.

Fast is a relative term.
Thinking of a car driven on the street and a car for what it is.
Car + mods could be “fast”
For instance, my Miata + turbo will be fast.
Truly meaning, Faster than the stock crap.
But will it be fast? No.
Just like most street bikes, People expect them to be fast.
A Fast street bike, Turbo busa.

WHAT IS FAST?!
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/05/15/006778.2-lg.jpg

It’s all a matter of perspective, to someone a car with just over 200hp could be really fast to them. Yet ridiculously slow to someone else, it’s impossible to judge specifically when it’s based on perspective.

Example: UBRF’s early days in which 14s were considered pretty quick.

Anything that runs < 12.9 sec 1/4 mile I consider fast. Everything slower is just quick.

But the whole criteria changes when you talk about a circuit track.

03 cobra should be on the list pretty fast/fast

I guess it depends what you use it for.

As a comfortable DD that I can drive 400+ miles in a day in with no problem I’d consider my GTO fast.

As a track car, street racer, or drag car I’d consider my GTO somewhere between not slow and pretty quick.

This based on acceleration, right? If so, first list is pretty accurate. More G-force in a top fuel run than a cat shot in an F-18. Good ol’ organ compression :tup:

ahhh thanks you think my taurus is fast.

WAT?

He just forgot to put a disclaimer that the vehicle has to still run and not be on fire at the end of the 1/4.

the problem is that you provided a pool of cars for people to chose from. obviously, everyone will put the slowest car in the slow category, the top fuel in the really fast category, and then rank everything in between.

imo, a better way to do this would be to remove the pool of car choices. or have people define these categories in terms of ET and Trap. but, its your thread.

its funny when someone is not used to a manual car and if the driver revs it out a bit, they think the car is going so fast.

If you’re talking about OEM cars that are stock, or very near to, then anything running < ~12.5 1/4 mile is fast.

Top Fuel cars are far from stock. They are also far from being “cars”, so I will not quantify them.

Also, is there no relevance in your rankings for skidpad / slalom numbers?

hey now that car only caught on fire twice. once at dunville (axle seal) and once in my driveway (turbo feed line).