What should I do.....

you buying or leasing?

Better double check on that, the 10yr/100,000 mile powertrain warrantees are usually only good for the original purchaser and are not transferable. I think the 10yr/100,000 mile warrantee becomes a 5 yr/60K for a subsequent purchaser, which if that 2005 was bought in the fall of 2004 when the new models came out you would only have three years left on the powertrain. Just something to consider or look further into.

Or just see about a 6 year or so lease :slight_smile:

whats a 99 GST with 56k miles on it worth to you???:naughty:

My sister-in-law is looking to sell hers, its a 99 Eclipse GST, Silver, 5speed, black leather, sunroof…always detailed. She bought it 2 years ago with eibach springs, adjustable coilovers, and various other suspension mods…the thing handles like it is on rails. I dont think any motor work was done to it, but they did put a blitz front bumper on it, doesn’t look bad though, the original bumper and suspension parts are all there as well, it also has brembo brakes on it…but she isn;t in to customizing cars, she bought it because it was pretty…lol, she has no clue about anything about that car except that it gets her to and from Sewickley Hospital everyday for work.

on a side note what does she want for that?

I agree with trying to sell the stang outright. Thats the best way to recoupe all the money you can on it. Going with trade-in is the worst way… though unfortunatley the easiest.

yeah but that stang should be capable of selling itself, amazing car in person, not too many like that

Update…

I took the car back this morning, and he said the guy was still working on the financing. He called me in and asked me what exactly I was looking for in payments. I said nothing more than what I am paying now. And no more than 60 months. He was like oh, well i can get you to where you want, but it would be 72 months. I was like uh no, and told him I didnt have time to hang around there all day, I had to go to work and to call me when he had a number that I would be satisfied with. So I left, after being reminded 25 times that someone was coming to look at the car.

Around 4pm I had a voicemail from the salesman. I called him back and he was asking me about my schedule. I gave him my schedule for the next few days and asked why. He was like “so you can come pick up your car.” I said really, what are the final numbers? He was like well so and so is still working on that, but i talked to another so and so and they are willing to throw a few hundred dollars around to get u into the car. then he said he would call the place who does their body repairs and set me up with the guy and have the guy call me to fix the front bumper where its scraped up. I told him I could come thursday night after work, ONLY if he calls me tomorrow with final numbers. I told him I was not wasting a trip up there for nothing. So we will see what happens.

I know I should sell it outright…the car is amazing in person (thanks) and could sell outright for more than I owe. I paid less than kbb when I bought it and got a pretty sweet deal to begin with. Fact is, I wouldnt even try to make anything off of it. I owe $16,400 on it. 03 with 29,500 miles. Not a bad deal…so if anyone knows anyone interested…haha.

In reality, I was going to put a for sale sign on it, and put it on autotrader or something of the sort…but I found this car, and this is the car I want. You cant beat 6,100 miles on a 1 1/2 year old car. And the price I am getting it for is 5k under retail price.

Thanks again for all your input! Oh, and pix of gst for drooling purposes :slight_smile: silver is my favorite color!

He wont give you Final numbers over the phone! your gonna waste your day.
haven’t you ever watched king of cars on A&E :kekegay:

Your car will sell itself, like someone said.

She gets back from vacation tonight, so will ask her…she lives right next door to me. I will take some pics of it too and post them up.