What software was used to creat myspace.com?

Anybody know?

A new language?

It’s been out for a while. It’s primarly Active Server Pages.

I think microsoft visual studio has the webbuilder that can assist in development. You can accomplish the same function in PHP.

Yeah I’m guessing the whole thing is PHP. Which is A LOT of work. I’ve been trying to make user databases and implement them in webpages for a while but it’s complicated

The user database isn’t really that complicated… Look at our site, there is a pretty substantial database behind here. Myspace started out with a small database server and the same principal has applied, it has just grown.

Myspace is a combination of several technologies. They have asp pages, Cold fusion pages, and I can’t imagine them not having some PHP in the background somewhere.

If you need help with building dynamic data driven pages based on sql and php, I can give you some assistance.

Well isn’t .asp strictly related to windows servers? I do everything in Dreamweaver CS3. I’m self taught and have picked up a few pointers along the way. So I’m basically learning from doing. I was originally going to put some PHP and user databases on my gaming clan site www.dftbclan.com

ruby on rails is awesome for myspace/blog shit, but i doubt that’s what they’ve used

Ya, I’m doing research for my next money making project. I have a few ideas in mind. This one will be costly though, since I have minimal coding experience

No. Its ASP. Go to www.myspace.com and try to login. The web page is .aspx which is a windows active server page. It is a competing technology with PHP in some ways.

Yes. ASP is only run on windows servers. That is why I prefer PHP for my web work.

Ha. I tried this a few yeears back before it got big but myspace and facebook have too many people on there to pull anyone off. If you are web savvy and wanna get into something, I might have an idea for you.