What would you do here.....

Ok there is guy selling a set a wheels and tires which I would really like to have. He says he is open to trades.

I offer him a set of wheels and tires I have, a N2O kit, and $$ on top of it.

N2O kit is a complete wet kit.

Wheels and tires are in good shape I tell him. I also tell him that I put a set of tires on them 3 months ago and they are good with about 5K miles on them.

I tell him I would value the rims and tires at $500 bones say. He goes and sells them for double, say $1000. The new owner gets them and says the tires are shot, which they aren’t, they just have a little camber wear on the inside but the fronts have ~4/32s and the rears have 5/32s.

Now he wants an additional $150 on top of what was already agreed upon or he says he will cancel the shipping on the wheels. He and the new owner already have my old stuff.

Ugh, what would you do?

I’m done trying to buy and sell used parts.

To add to it, the tires on his wheels are shot and the rims need to be re-polished. :confused:

Well i would normally tell him to blow himself and use teeth but since u have nothing and he is holding your “new” goods hostage you might have to just pay up.

Its a shitty situation and I would make sure to make a post about how he is treating the transaction on the forum where you made the deal and maybe he will be shamed into doing the right thing.

His dispute should be between the new owner of the tires and himself not you as you did not sell or identify the condition of the tires to the new owner so you shouldnt have to make up the difference.

But if you want your new wheels its probably worth the 150 to be done with it.

I could just paypal it and then cancel it after I get the wheels… maybe I will.

I would absolutely consider 4/32 and 5/32 close to shot.

You could try it but your money will be tied up for months with no guarantee you would get it back anyway.

+1

Especially if there is “slight camber wear”

I’d just pay the $150. It would suck to lose everything AND not get your wheels.

the tires come new with 8/32s… i’d say they are %50 at least.

ugh i really didn’t want to pay any more for these…

plus I gave him pictures

What a scumbag. I would probably pay it to not waste more time on the situation but im thinking i would paypal it and try to get it back. Although to be honest sounds like the guy is a scammer and even if you give him $150 more he aint sending shit.

wtf? Tires are not shot till 2/32… they still have a few thousands miles on them, remember this are most likely not some shitty all seasons.

this.

tell him ull give him 75$ and that they where as described

^ I like that.

Sucks though. It is always a gamble sight unseen.

I would say pay nothing just for the fact that he sold them to someone esle for $1000. You traded them at value of $500 towards his price he already made an extra 500 off this deal i would tell him that tires have 50% tread left and to eat it

pay the money and learn the lesson

if they wheels are worth 1000, then you should have sold them for 1000 and bought the wheels with the money. Instead, you did this guy a huge favor by letting him make some extra cash off the deal, and he still fucked you in your ass.

Very simple…put the $150 towards gas or plane ticket to confront this scumbag face to face.

They were probably worth a solid $750. I just didn’t want to deal with bullshit. Now I am anyways. Fuggen sucks. I figure sure he can make an extra ~$200 out of the deal because he is taking my two items and has to sell them. I didn’t want to deal with selling two items in order to get the wheels. GAY

Not worth my time or money. Which sucks. Anyone want to go to SAINT PETERS, MO and kick someones ass? LoL

Actually I just checked the tracking order and I don’t think he stopped shipment. It says they were delivered! I’ve been out on a rig all day, so I’ll go look out back. I hope they are here so I can tell him to eat my ass.

Updates? bored at work…

x2

Actually the wheels are in and I’m taking them home today. I opened one up and it looks like it needs some serious polish, but I’m thinking about having them anodized anyways. I’ll take a few pictures of the wheels when I get home.

The guy texted me about the $150 and I said your made more then enough money off the deal, figure out how you want to deal with the rest because I’m done here.

Tell him the wheels arent as described like he did you. Call it even

Dont stop selling and buying online, trading is the problem. I will never trade online.