whats the fastest you ever went in mph???

about 140-150 on bigelow blvd. i ran outta gear. when i slowed the car down the brakes were smoking and i had to put the ebrake on to hold the car at the traffic light. it was against a ferrari that thought a big hunk of 70’s metal couldn’t stay with him. i started to get tunnel vision and got nervous as fuck

g-bodies…they only go 85mph :smiley:

no bs… lol. he never dynod it but he estimated somewhere at or above 500hp and obviously different gearing in the tranny. he didnt build the car (he tinkered with it) but he bought it off some “slowboyracing” guy in harrisburg. i think the kid that sold it to him went to pitt also a few years back. i wonder if hes on here.

anyways he hit that speed in a long, slightly down hill section… so i prolly wouldnt have done that on flat. he had some 20g turbo at 28 psi. waht i remember about that car is that from a roll it could spin the wheels no problem in second (which was geared up also) on z rated tires, but it wouldnt spool until reaaaaal late.

if that guy is on here who sold my buddy that car (black ES frontwheel drive model with a cyclone motor build) let me know, maybe you can post pics.

and as for the speedo error, we gauged mph from the tach, since the speed doesnt go near that. also, it not a 93, i messed that up, its the body style before that. i think 91, whatever model did not have flip up headlights… ill ask him next time hes on AIM

how could you have it up to 120 yet know what happens at 130???

:bsflag:

how about on a race track :rolleyes:

on 271 south in ohio i went about 137 with no bushing in my ball joint and some messed up tires lol

low 120s

speedo ends at 85 but i estimate i was doing around 120, i stopped because i ran out of road and the T-Tops were wistling more and more. been known to fly off at those speeds

there is a stretch on the PA turnpike right after the breezwood exit (when going east) you go up the mountian & then top out & there is a stretch of about 1 -2 miles & you can see the entire distance with gaurdrails on both side so no chance for cops to hide.

had the eclipse up to 140 and ran out of road, I dont know where the rev/gov is but i was still going and rpms were still climbing

if ur eclipse is anything like my prelude… its just gear limited. mine could go to 150 with my h22 and SI tranny… but honestly it runs out of power around 140ish

this was when it was stock t25 and stock 7bolt i think it just had a catback. if i remember correctly it was only at like 4000-4500 rpm at 140mph. but this was over a year ago so i dont remember. straight down 75 between dayton and cincinnati

There are aloooot of places to get to those speeds,esp the highways…

go to any RX-7 boards and ask them what happens at 130. at 120 you can feel the front start to lift. now lick my taint ha

I was never really interested in top speed. I was more interested in how fast I could get to X speed.

That being said, I’ve probably done 125 in the 1G, and about 115 in the 2G back in the day.

I drove 90MPH the whole way home from Delaware in the Miata :zzz:

DIAF

comming down 279 into the city, i’ve hit some pretty nice speeds…

i wish we had a track like in texas where u can do the standing mile races. probly could get some good speeds there.

Except for the Bear in the Air

162 mph years ago in my LeManster. Radar verified by a state trooper who happened to be the son of my boss at the time. He couldn’t see the point in even trying to chase, and asked me about it the next day.

Present car - mid 120’s on I-70 in IL/IN

hmm 155 in the civic
160 in roush mustang

im going 150+ in the 1/4 this year!!!