whats your utility bills like?

$0. Everything is included in my share of $1200/month ($300/person)

we control the heat, and normally keep it at 70.

1250sq ft apt= $180 for electric

On a related note, if you own a house and don’t make much money you can get $$$ to make your house more energy efficient:
http://www.getenergysmart.org/WhereYouLive/HomePerformance/overview.asp

3 drm Duplex in paying 136 budget for gas and about 46 for elec. My gas bill usually goes down in summer

and you wonder why ninja matt and i always turn your shit up

i wish this thread would die because the grammar in the title are killing me.

^Was the irony intentional?

yes.

i switched “is” and “are”, as did the OP.

Christ, it’s not funny when you have to explain it.

Sorry, I’m not used to wit on nyspeed.

I laffed more harder when I seen that their was a explaination to.:lol:

Since they’ve been mentioned a couple times and this thread will get people thinking about energy savings…

CFLs (compact fluorescent lights) do not work on dimmer switches. At least not the ones that home depot carries. I’ve read there are special ones that will work on a standard dimmer switch, but I haven’t seen them in stores.

I was able to switch out 6 bulbs that are used a lot, but most of the others are on dimmers that I’m not willing to give up for a little energy conservation.

LED lights FTMFW

P.S. Home Depot is in the dark ages (so to speak:lol: ) because they have NO LED lighting products.

Is there anywhere to get them for less than $20/bulb?

Yeah, Lowes didn’t have any dimming CFLs either though.

And I’m not baller enough to spend $300 on bulbs for LED’s.

^$300?!?!?!?
For the whole house?

They cost almost nothing to run and will last for EVAR.
They pay for themselves quite quickly.

$15/bulb. My foyer light has a 5 bulb fixture.
Dining room has a 5 bulb fixture.
Kitchen has a 4 bulb fixture.
Master bedroom has a 4 bulb ceiling fan.

So I’m up to 18 bulbs already x $15 = $270. And we haven’t even gone downstairs yet.

I see your point though. I just ordered an LED for my driveway lamp pole that comes on via a light sensing switch. That should pay for itself in no time especially since the cold/hot swings really shorten the lifespan of an incandescent bulb.

I might do the fixture in the dining room since I really want to keep my dimmer there, meaning no CFLs, and that light is on a lot.

AAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:stuck_out_tongue:

If you assume $0.20/kWh, and that a 20 dollar 2 watt LED bulb is equivalent to a 25 cent 100 watt incandescent bulb, it takes 1007.65 hours of continuous on-time to break even. Assuming it doesn’t break or get broken.

1200 sqft lower by elmwood, gas was about $170 last month (incl. hot water and stove), not budgeted, 67-68° all the time. electric is about $60, but there is an electric baseboard heater in the far back room.

My wife usually just writes the checks but last i looked gas was 170 this month and electric was 45-50ish. I keep it consitantly “warm” 63-64deg all day night. I think it costs more to turn it up and down then it does to maintain the temp.