Where to buy....

a snell approved helmet? :dunno:

my work said my bike helmet wont do for flat-out :moon:

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=helmet&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

any bike shop. Gattos has them. You can get a half decent HJC that is snell approved for about 120. Or you can go extreme and pay 500 to 700 for a shoei

wait is your bike helmet snell approved or just DOT?

it’s just DOT Approved.

BeaveRun only allows SA95 or higher allowed on site, M and DOT Approved are not welcomed

thanks Mort for the link!

sight where abouts is Gattos? I’ll spend mid 100’s for a helmet, not 500+

so a snell approved motrocycle helmet is not approved? thats fucking gay. What do they make the guys on bikes buy then?

gattos is in tarentum right by the bridge but its a cycle shop, so I guess you can’t buy any of those, which I’m still puzzled about. Especially since bike guys race at beaver run…

the guys who run sportbikes at BeaveRun are mostly considered “semi-pro”. they have spent the big bucks for SA Helmets, and have painted them etc etc. not one bike owner i saw had a regular looking helmet.

yeah i’m confused too, i told them it was my helmet for my sportbike, and a couple people shook their heads not, it must be SA…

i dunno, im still confused

what are you talking about. A lot of thsoe guys up there are on the other boared I’m on and are every day guys going up for experience.

I’m not talking about strait racing evets. They have otehr stuff that goes on as well.

when i got my bike at andrew’s in salem, i didnt get a helmet with my bike which i was sorta mad about being my other friends in this area when they got their bike they got a free lid to match.

so i had to go out and get a helmet, and it’s black with black shield, and it’s only DOT approved.

so if you saying Gattos sells decent lids that are in my price range i will swing by there and check out their helmets

I ran my GSXR on Beaver tons of times. I had a Shoei, my bud runs with Arai. They are fine for Motorcycles. SA is Automobile ratings. Think, keyword think, the difference is the fire rating/proofing of material. SM you usually don’t need fire rated since you are flying through the air on you motorcycle rather than smoltering inside it.

oh my… someone knows a little something.

why does someone driving a TC need a helmet? They should have provisions for cars that cannot go over 45mph on a 2 mile straight.

:smiley: