Where to get kevlar?

I am making a scatter shield so I don’t displace my chest cavity with a SHO flywheel. Anyone here work with Kevlar? I don’t want a heavy ass one madfe out of steel so I figured Kevlar is a good way to go.

Vests can be had at www.quartermaster.com

i dont think kevlar matt would be a wise way to go… your basically trying to keep an explosion confined… and body armor that is rated for that kind of shrapnel has ceramic/steel plates in it… not just kevlar

and the flywheel of the SHO is going to explode why? im a bit confused here…

Because 8000 RPMs ain’t shit. They are just SHO damn fast for realz yo. :tup:

I think I saw something in a Summit catelog that seemed to be for a generic application. Might want to check that out.

shit happens category of automotive products… i doubt it will explode, but it is required at most tracks over a certain et

What about the blankets they use on Drag cars to keep the blower attached to the motor in the event of an expolsion?

bllowers don’t explode and shoot a w
20 lb hunk of metal through bellhousings that’s a completely different application your basically trying to stop a bomb bomb rated armor is metal not synthetic oftherwise hum vees would use kevlar instead of steel plates kevlar is for flexibility not utmost protection

the blower is strapped to the block on those cars so it wont take flight. but maybe if you welded a steel plate where you “think” it might fly through may work…

Do you even read theses posts? Nice job on the link. Dry Cow Therapy FTL