Cadillac with Kevlar Windows??

One of my salespeople has been telling me that the windows in a Cadillac DTS have kevlar in them so the glass cannot be penetrated by a crow bar or claw hammer. Supposedly so thieves can’t smash and grab purses, wallets etc. out of the cars. He keeps telling me that the Cadillac trainer that was here told him that and yet I did not see it in any DTS brochures and I did not see it on the Cadillac website. He also tells me he watched a video online of someone demonstrating the features of the glass.

Anyone hear of this before? I don’t see how kevlar suddenly became invisible.

tell him you wont buy the car with out a demonstration in person. make sure he hits near the corner of the window on a different car than the one you want. ahhaha

sounds like a bunch of crap to me

the cost and production of the kevlar wouldnt be worth it IMO

also, that would be a very thin sheet of kevlar unless the window didnt roll down

HUH!?

I say BS…

We used to work with kevlar at Alfred U. but the time and cost wouldnt be worth it to a GM/Ford domestic plant.

Could you even make clear kevlar that would auctually stop someoe from getting through with a crowbar? It would take some serious money to do something like that…

Exactly, A LOT OF MONEY

BS

I bet he thinks Saturns had Carbon Fiber fenders too.

THEY DONT?

wait till a driver drops off a caddy to the dealership at night…and no one signs for it…

then test said theory in the morning :wink:

Interesting, I have never seen clear kevlar.
You better hope rescue workers never need to pull you from the flames.:biglaugh:

If a plane was on a treadmill…

Is it a kevlar belt on the treadmill?

sparkplug

BS on this because what happens if you are trapped under water and cant bust the window? there will not be a gm plant anymore. lol or if its a one way kind of breakage window highly doubt taht.

Kevlar is a fiber and not particularly transparent, so it would suck if it was embedded in glass. He probably meant that the side glass is laminated not just tempered like most cars, so it holds together like the windshield, rather than breaking apart into millions of tiny cubes when struck.

uh…buttplug.

Why wouldn’t they just use lexan glass? That shits like bullet proof an stuff.