Cadillac with Kevlar Windows??

[quote=“kilaminjaro,post:20,topic:37554"”]

Why wouldn’t they just use lexan glass? That shits like bullet proof an stuff.

[/quote]

cuz lexan scratches and yellows and feels like plastic…

[quote=“Schema,post:16,topic:37554"”]

sparkplug

[/quote]

hahaha that is awesome, we did that to a del slo window off of a parts car, shit exploded

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:13,topic:37554"”]

Interesting, I have never seen clear kevlar.
You better hope rescue workers never need to pull you from the flames.:biglaugh:

[/quote]

+1

Hmmmm

Clear kevlar…
:rofl:

i dont believe it, even if there was kevlar in the window i dont see how it could be indestructable.

doesnt glass still need to be there too? why couldnt you break the glass?

[quote=“SilverGT,post:17,topic:37554"”]

BS on this because what happens if you are trapped under water and cant bust the window? there will not be a gm plant anymore. lol or if its a one way kind of breakage window highly doubt taht.

[/quote]

the models with kevlar windows also have water sensors. when they detect you are under water it sets off the airbags and you float to safety:rx3:

[quote=“kilaminjaro,post:20,topic:37554"”]

Why wouldn’t they just use lexan glass? That shits like bullet proof an stuff.

[/quote]

they do use lexan (GE’s name for Polycarbonate) when it comes to bullet proof glass. These polycarbonates are usually sandwiched with an scratch-proof/anti hazing layer that limits these issues. Not all polycarbonate is “bullet proof”, for obvious reasons it is fairly thick (.5"-1") and notabley thicker then standard auto glass. These bullet proof packages usually only have Kevlar in the skins of the doors, since it is nowhere near transparent.

However, i believe their needs to be some sort of wavier or release form with these “bullet proof” packages, since you won’t be able to break them to escape in the event of an emergency. The owner of the vehicle needs to know this and be aware of it.

This being said, there is no Kevlar in Bullet Proof Glass.

[quote=“somedude,post:25,topic:37554"”]

the models with kevlar windows also have water sensors. when they detect you are under water it sets off the airbags and you float to safety:rx3:

[/quote]

u got to be kidding me right?

Is the escalade gonna come with theses, they could come in real handy in the hood, lol

New 07+ police issue Crown Vics come with kevlar lined front doors but as far as the Caddy I call Bs also

If you look at BMW’s protection package cars, or the O’Gara-Hess modified Suburbans, you can see how thick the glass and doors have to be to stop rounds.

http://www.armorusa.com/image/BULL.JPG

I’ve been in one, the door weighs @ 400 lbs.