who has a tt blue viper around here?

get some larger turbos on that 401 and go hunting. good set of 70s onthat 401 will work those figures along with your light ass car

he went down there to race a 670whp evo but the guy didnt show and my buddy was there and said he would race if he got the hit and some cars.

so youre telling me a awd needed the hit against rwd on the street? then what is the point of awd then? fuck its not even rwd based awd

well if you ask anyone who has awd with high hp they will tell you how hard it is too launch. Look at the dsm shootout, anyone that ran 9’s or faster spun alot off the line just like a rwd or fwd. Plus not to mention the fact that the viper had 600 more horsepower so the evo needed something to keep up… Surely even someone who has a 1 track mind about cars like you can understand that. Dont hate it just because its not american muscle quik.

if they still have traction issues with 4 wheels then what is the point of it? ive seen plenty domestic 4wd setups leaving with alot more power then those listed imports you speak of and hook very well.

so since an evo that is much lighter then a viper is crying about hp difference? lighter vehicle doesnt need as much power as a heavier one.

awd should of been his advantage if he still needed assistence then probably should of invested in abetter platform then instead of worring about making more power. OR invested in a good boost controller like the AMS1000 where you can actually ramp the boost in so you can have traction. It works well for the domestics with a shit load more power why cant the imports use it?

im not saying awd wasnt his advantage… He had 600 less horspower.Awd can’t help that big of a difference in power in the 1/4. Maybe 60 ft.

youd prolly have a better argument with a wall at this point…

Not sure if either DSM made it to the finish

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBjDyKeL_dI”]YouTube- DSM LAUNCH SLOW MOTION[/ame]

I would think a dig would be preferable to a roll
race . If the viper has that much power it’s never gonna
get off the line on the street , granted the Evo will spin also but , instead of changing boost controllers he could have simply backed timing
down in early load cells which will decrease the boost he’ll hit on
two step, which means he’ll come out softer, and then hit full boost or use boost by gear.

then why even go run a car of that nature?

are you talking? didnt think so

However being an Evo owner and knowing the weak point on the cars is the transfer case, maybe that’s why he chose a roll, in order to keep the car in one piece

he went to run a car with 200+ more horsepower but alas apparrently the guy chickened out or something. And i dont honestly know why he went. Maybe the guy was talking shit. Who knows. and jason it was dig racing. He got 5 cars and the hit which means he hits the gas first.

theres quite a few Fbodys with similar power pulling 1.3s on 17x11 on DRs. i dont know about those imports but with my 2 step it retards timing so i actually spool faster. Less timing less ignition so more fuel to spool turbo at lower rpms. 2step i have is a Ligenfelter.

I’m with Quick on this one… All platforms have short comings AWD is not a be all end all. Especially in a 1/4. And really honestly alot of it comes down to $$$$$ the fastest guy is the one that has more. Evos are great platforms and the Viper is not a muscle car…it is a sports car.

Invite the dude on this forum mac :stick:

so it comes back to having a poor platform for drag racing. Awd should own from a dig, if you have awd and have to run from a roll something is seriously wrong with that equation. if you know you will break parts at that power level then back it down and let it live. Or deal with the breakage and not make excuses. i realized so i stepped to better platform

horsepower smorespower… having more power doesnt mean shit!!! if you cant use it its worthless. in this case the platform is horrible choice against the viper

You would know all about that :slight_smile:

And for gods sake… its a 600 horsepower difference… How doesnt that mean shit… YOu could put a retard behind a 1000 hp car and a pro behind and 400hp and the retard would still win.

A stock civic has like what 100hp max… And your truck has 600 more than it… I guess your saying that civic has a chance against you?

Your posts are based only on biased ideas with general information, once we get more specific about the setup on each car then opinions can be
formed

a civic is a shitbox

but what you forget is the weight difference. a properly set up vehicle should run circles around a mismatch of parts.

my truck doesnt even make 1 hp so it has no part in any present conversation.

in the end fwd based vehicles blows for traction and rwd owns all!!!

all this talk about weight…

the vipers weight is right around 3284 lbs.
the evos weight is right around 3197 lbs.

Add another 100lbs for the turbo kit on the viper and its only 200lb difference. Not enough to mention.