who has a tt blue viper around here?

I beg to differ

I would think a dig would be preferable to a roll
race . If the viper has that much power it’s never gonna
get off the line on the street , granted the Evo will spin also but , instead of changing boost controllers he could have simply backed timing
down in early load cells which will decrease the boost he’ll hit on
two step, which means he’ll come out softer, and then hit full boost or use boost by gear.

Viper with that much power aint gonna hook at a roll either unless its 100mph or something ridiculous. I’ve seen the vids of twin turbo vipers burning out at 80mph. My car does horrible things to tires at 55 mph in my 3rd gear, and if i go to second it will roast them at higher speeds and I have only 640-650whp at my 14psi 9 second boost level… I can not imagine a 1000+whp car regardless of what tires he has on it.

AWD will help but still…670 awhp is still a SHIT TON to hook up on the street. 4 225-245-ish street tires aint much better than a pair of ET drags in a 315 size… you still gonna spin.

And evo’s arent all that much lighter than a viper…vipers are kinda heavy for its size but evo’s arent lightweights. VIper is in the 3500 lb range with those turbos, evo is 3200-3300 i believe? 200lbs difference is 2 tenths of 1/4 mile ET… thats like 20-40 hp

600+ more hp is retarded…there isnt a chance in hell that car wins if both get traction. 1000hp vipers trap 150-155mph with soft launches. 1200 or more rear wheel?? thats 160+mph

Evos weigh 3500 give or take

so its a sloppy fat poor designed platform for drag racing then, that sucks. must be why they market that car for ralley racing not drag racing

yeah i dont think it was ment for drag racing… its a rally car that handles well too. great street car with room for 4 ppl somewhat comfortably

lol you guys are all silly. everyones trying to out genius the other.

I agree with everything u said justin

1100hp on the street

Steve please post the hav civic, power isn’t everything , neither is money it’s time and knowledge

whats the difference between a 2000lb import making 500 hp running 10s and a 4000lb domesticmaking 500 running 10s???

a stock viper gts runs the 1/4 in lows 12’s. A stock evo runs the 1/4 in high 12’s. The viper is known for going fast in straight line. The evo isnt. Still is a pretty close race stock.

the transmission. Manual vs automatic

show me a evo that runs 12s stock form

thats not it either…its cause its FWD. a car half the weight should go 2 seconds faster then a car weighing in twice its weight but because its wrong wheel drive it doesnt go anywhere.

in the end RWD>*

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX_-4uNBVfg”]YouTube- Evo BONE STOCK 13.1[/ame]

dude had the car for 2 weeks. 13.1 best i can find so far haha.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/PFC-Hatch-at-Import-Tuner_699331.htm

I think its record was 10.4x? or better on that setup

thats not 12s. ive seen a fbody owner own his car a coupe days and his first ever pass in that car go 13.1@110 so what is yoru point? the same car and driver the next week went 12.78 on street tires

again RWD>*

You guys forgot to argue about

• MSRP of the EVO and Viper

vipers get you laid, evos make you gay :slight_smile:

funny, there were marks similar to that on rt 8 N a few months ago…

I’ll just leave this here

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/674421/

Why is the guy who doesn’t own a DSM or AWD arguing about DSMs or AWD?

RWD will always be the best setup to race with due to weight transfer but it takes a proper suspension to do so.

AWD is a bandaid for an improper suspension, once you start making real power it does dick, it’s 4 independant halfshafts that don’t transfer weight. I lose traction clear into 3rd gear with mine all the AWD does is keep the car straight instead of lawn-darting into a hillside.

Why do you think all the real fast DSM’s run solid axle rears?

/thread. (oh, I’ll run the viper)