Who has some Plenum Rated Cat5e cable?

I need to do about a 100 ft run of Plenum rated Cat5e cable but the only thing I can find is 1000ft bulk rolls.
Anyone know where I can get some cut to length or shorter runs of this stuff?

Or does anyone have a bulk of it that I could buy 100ft from?

You can make your own length. Its pretty easy. I kbow Home Depot has it in bulk but i dont know if they carry that rating. They may assuming its a construction supply. You just need 2 ends and a crimp tool which they also have.

Yeah I don’t care if it’s pre cut with ends or just straight cable. I can borrow the tools from the IT guys at work.

I just can’t find this stuff in anything less than 1000’ rolls and certainly will never use that much.

1. Buy 1000 ft roll
  2. Use what you need
  3. Sell remainder at rediculous markup
  4. ???
  5. Profit!

Hmm maybe.

Head to Graybar, they will sell you custom lengths.

Really? Hmm I’m sure they want a rediculous amount but I’ll check it out.
Thanks.

we got all of our cable from Home Depot.
I think we used a 180ft section.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2052810132+123040285+1230413965&name=100+ft.

$10 for 100 ft

None of that is Plenum rated.

^^ That is not Plenum… AND Don’t go to graybar, they are my competition!!

Actually go to Graybar, I don’t really want to cut open a reel for you. However if you need a bit, I have some cat6 that i Believe is plenum rated that i can give you for free. I will have to check the jacket when i get into the office tomorrow.

Is this for use in your house? Are you running it in airvents? If you answered Yes, No to those questions respectivly, CMR is just fine for you

Was it plenum rated? That is the key and that is why it is so hard to find.

The answers are Yes, Yes. That is why I need Plenum rated cable.

ok, then can you deal with cat6 if so i can give you some tomorrow.

[quote=tpgsr

Actually go to Graybar, I don’t really want to cut open a reel for you. However if you need a bit, I have some cat6 that i Believe is plenum rated that i can give you for free. I will have to check the jacket when i get into the office tomorrow.

OOOHH??!!!

I dont see why Cat 6 wouldn’t work. Thanks.

Send me a PM tomorrow or i wont remember to look, my days and nights are getting overly busy.

I won’t be able to send a PM during the day. Work has cracked down on our internet traffic.

ok then call me at (716)893 .-. 3030 and ask for mike gleeson I am not sure where i will be floating around. You can leave me a voicemail if they can’t track me down