Who plays poker online for money?

Who plays? where do you play? what kind of money do you lay down?

Bodog. I do 10 and 20 dollar STT’s and small cash games. I prefer the single tables as you don’t get that asshole chilling with $60 at a $10 max buy in table bullying everyone

I’m on poker stars. usually .05/.10 blinds. I’m in a $3.30 tourney right now

i regularly play the 2.20 tournys on pokerstars…usually make a decent buck if im focused.

Full Tilt. I Just watched a 60 minutes where absolute poker and the sister company were taken for $20 mil by a programmer that was fired. He hacked the system so he can see everyone’s cards while he was playing as well (he played high limit obviously). Nothing can really happen to him here in the states because online gambling is illegal.

I play Full Tilt and Poker Stars. I get 27% rakeback on FTP so I play there a little bit more.

As far as “the cash I lay down” I play anywhere from 1/2 to 3/6 Fixed Limit and NL50 & NL100. Depends on what games are running and what I’m in the mood for. Although I’ve been playing a lot more NL lately.

i play bodog, and it seems that sometimes its not exactly random, but i usually play beginner $4 and $8 sit n go’s

was down to 67 cents but lately ive been on a good run and cashed out over 200 all from that .67 cents

PokerStars. 1/2 or 11 SNG.

Did anyone see that story on 60 Minutes about the guy who was cheating on online poker and won approximately 20 million in a few years. Be careful!!

When I used to play poker, I actually liked PartyPoker but nobody really seemed to like it.
I would play 5/10 or 10/20 limit cash tables. I liked the six man tables. The pots in limit get pretty big. When I would get a big bank roll going I would play 30/60 limit, that gets good action.

just curious… do you have a source for this?

60 minutes, as stated in my post. They broke the story.

http://www.tightpoker.com/news/60-Minutes-Online-Poker-Cheating.shtml

A quick google search gives you more than enough sources.

I didn’t see the story but that is not exactly what happened. As the story went a programmer never closed a Alpha account when the site was being created. They had the accounts open to view other peoples cards to make sure there was not any programming errors with the card distribution.

The only thing that was ever hacked was a couple peoples accounts who used to play very high limit poker and were horrible at poker. They used these inactive accounts to play in tourny’s and live money games. They would join a table and then another guy would go to the table with the alpha account and tell him everyone’s hole cards.

They got busted when a guy on 2 plus 2 poker forums finished second to the cheaters in a tournament. He saw some questionable playing going on and requested his hand history which AP sent to him in some sort of data file.

After sending it to some guys who knew how to use Microsoft Access the file showed the hole cards of all the players at the table. You could see then that the guy clearly had access to other peoples cards with the play’s he was making.

According to the story the programmer broke the code and was able to see everyone’s hand. Someone requested the hand history of the account that was suspected of cheating and the file that was sent was actually some sort of file that showed everything the cheating account was seeing. Someone in Australia reconstructed the hands to show that he the account could indeed see all of the other hands at the table.

A section of the story

The most likely explanation seemed to be that someone had gotten access to an administrative or security account at Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet that would have allowed them to see all of the cards in the game as they were being played.

“Somebody with access to a server, a computer server that would give that information to them in real time?” Kroft asks.

“Yes,” Ravitch says.

“So either a really good hacker or somebody on the inside?” Kroft asks.

“Exactly,” he replies.

Late last year, the poker sleuths got lucky. When one of the players requested the hand histories of a suspected cheater known as “Potripper,” someone at Absolute Poker inadvertently sent them an Excel spreadsheet with 65,000 lines of data that include all of the cards that had been played in thousands of games against hundreds of Potripper’s opponents.

It allowed Michael Josem to recreate some of the hands, as the cheater would have seen them, in and turn them into a video that he posted online, along with a statistical analysis of the cheater’s win rate.

“We have here a whole lot of people in the middle, which is pretty normal, they lose a little, they win a bit. A few people got lucky for a bit, a few people were losing a lot of money. Right up here, in the very top right hand corner, we have the cheater,” he explains. “We did the mathematical analysis to find that they were winning at about 15 standard deviations above the mean, which is approximately equivalent to winning a one-in-a-million jackpot six consecutive times.”

“Now, this sort of stuff just doesn’t happen in the real world,” he adds.

But more importantly, the Excel spreadsheet also listed the user account and the IP address of the suspected cheater, which the sleuths traced to the computer modem of an Absolute Poker employee.

The company, which is headquartered in a shopping mall in Costa Rica, was finally forced to acknowledge that a former employee had cracked their software code and cheated online players by looking at their cards.

But what really made the victims angry was that Absolute Poker cut a deal with the cheater to protect his identity, in exchange for a full confession of how he did it.

“Here, these people stole millions of dollars from their customers, from their best customers, from the high-limit players of the site, and in the official report released about what happened, not only did nobody get into any kind of legal trouble, their names weren’t even publicized,” Witteles says.

Also I play on Full Tilt Poker. I just recently finished 3rd in one of the Double Daily $10 tournaments.

There is a website where you can view your tournament history and see your ROI and other good information. Here are my stats

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/fulltiltpoker/Roush97/poker/results/11C56B404DA54C1DB92860DB5A8092BB.html?t=2

That’s what I love about donkaments. Your ROI is -10% without that one MTT cash, but with it its 292%. A realistic ROI to have is +10% if you’re a STT grinder.

lol my ROI overall is 45% in full tracking.

What sample size? Those online websites are never 100% correct but I’m guessing thats a rather small sample size.

I play on Full Tilt. Can you bank transfers to deposit.

Usually $.50/1 or $1/2 to pass the time. I rather make the 15 min drive to Seneca tho and sit there for hours than play online when I can tho.

Just hit 4th in a $130 buyin tournament Saturday morning and has 2 12 hour sessions there.