Who wants a nice new desktop for cheap?!

I came across this and think it is a screaming deal!!

Vostro 200 Mini Tower
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor E2140 (1.60GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
Genuine Windows® XP Home
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz - 2DIMMs
Dell 19 inch Widescreen E198WFP Analog Flat Panel Monitor
80GB3 Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
1 Year Limited Hardware Warranty4 with Next Business Day On-Site Service5

Figured someone would like to take advantage of this. The whole setup for $379 and that INCLUDES shipping! You’re welcome in advance :wave:.

lol, Dell has some interesting one-day sales.

:tup:

ok i don’t know much about computers… i have a AMD athlon 1.8ghz currently, how would this compare?

would this run bioshock

athlon 64? jay.

64 was the “newer” one right? its prolly about 3 yrs old now, i beleive at the time there was an older athlon processor out that was slower

then yes, this would be better.

consider that the monitor alone is worth ~175 - 200, so you’re looking at a decent (todays standards) PC for $200.

Good computer but my computer people tell me XP Home is garbage.
Infact any xp is garbage.

? wtf ? … VISTA is garbage. XP is fine … the only one that delivers

Great find!

My recommendations.

Get the 6320 4MB cache chip for $140 more. Night and Day difference in performance! I just built a computer with each using identical hardware other than the processor, and on testing… you can see the differences in speed and processing.

$40 upgrade on the 19" LCD to the UltraSharp. I have seen both of these monitors in person. $40 seems like a good deal for the UltraSharp. I stay away from widescreen formats, unless it is 22" or 24". That shrinked screen with a 19" WS LCD sucks. Its like looking at a 16" monitor that is wider. It’s not high enough.

Buy the onboard video option. Go to newegg.com and BUY the 8600GT for cheaper. Or, whatever video card you want…

I don’t know a lot about this stuff but our 2000 computers run waaaaaay better than the newer xp computers.
The windows 2000 computers are basically flawless and the Xp ones are always needing “upgrades” and they still work like shit.

These are their new “small business line”

looks like they’re trying to boost sales numbers

Indeed there was. I had a Athlon XP which was a 32 bit processor that basically was a celeron with a little bigger cpu cache from what I remember.

celeron is NOT amd, bry bry you should know better

2000<xp>vista

everything OS ever> Me

Mac OS>windows OS

but macs hate me alone and crash on me continuously.

holy shit… that is a killer deal for a web browsing computer

would this run bioshock

probably not very well. it’s multiple cores, but I believe bioshock wants atleast 2ghz.

throw an 8800GT card in it and it would probably do ok

Word… Other than it crashing. what do you do? Mine crashed like… once… And that was straight up my fault… haha

and yes, that comp looks freeking awesome for cheap as hell, 19" lcd with it? Nice…

If you have a Dell chipset, you can install xp pro with the dell re-installation disk. I have like 5 of those disk if anyone needs them.