Who wants to give me $13k??? SO MUCH WANT!!!

Ducati has replaced its 848 middleweight with the new 848 EVO, at 140bhp the most powerful supersport bike it has ever produced. The power hike comes from an overhauled engine and it’s contained by better brakes and a steering damper for the first time.

Other updates include new cylinder heads with revised port shapes, new cams with revised timing, a new piston crown shape, higher compression, larger throttle bodies and two lambda probes. The tweaks see the engine outperforming even BMW’s S1000RR according to the engineer’s standard measure of engine performance - bhp/litre/1000rpm. Weight remains the same at 168kg claimed.

A new paintscheme will be offered alongside the traditional colours of red with a red frame and black wheels. It’s called ‘dark stealth’ and features a ‘racing black’ frame and black wheels.

The 848 EVO’s tuned Testastretta Evoluzione engine produces 140hp at 10,500rpm and 72.3lb-ft of torque at 9,750rpm ? an extraordinary set of stats for the capacity.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/01aducati-848.jpg

saw this at the IMS this year. Sick bike. I want the white with red frame and wheels

One huge downside still thought on the 848…still a wet clutch system, when I think of Ducati I think of that dry clutch chatter!

single sided swing arm??? I personally love it. (even though its uneven… lol). And this engine out-performs the BMW s1000… which is nuts.

I edited my post Kenny LOL

god damn ninja edits. lol

Also for another couple grand I rather get the BMW S1000RR!

no way. the engine comparitively(think I just made that word up) out-performs the S1000RR in terms of bhp/liter… not that you’d ever use all the power. And I like the Ducati better. 140bhp bone stock is plenty for the streets… and if I ever got this bike, I would not track it. Unless maybe I won the lottery and money was no issue. lol.

I’m not talking about the power, I speaking in terms of the bike itself, I would much rather have the BMW then Ducati.

I’m with 2801 in terms of the over all package I’d go the BMW also. Unless a white evo fell into my lap at a price to good to pass up.

This.

Pearl white 848 EVO would be amazing.

I’m just not a huge fan of the BMW. Is it a nice bike? Yes. But I personally like the Duc better. And I would take the stealth over the Pearl White.

The s1000RR is a beast, maybe its the style of the bike that turns you off to it? Instead of being built for beauty it’s built to function. The only thing I don’t like about Ducati’s is the fact it sounds like it’s ready to break while shifting.:lol

look at the Duc in GP it maybe the fastest bike on the track next to the Honda, but speed & power doesn’t mean jack if the bike doesn’t do everything else as well as it competitors.

Ducati’s to me seem more like bragging rights bike’s, If I had the disposable income to just get what ever sure I’d own one.

The S1000 is a nasty bike but

This http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6374/bmws1000rrsupersportbik.jpg

Looks too much like this
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5111/slothfromthegooniespict.jpg

I’d flip it

It looks even better set up for track.

I don’t know what it is about the bike that I don’t like… but I’m sure the front end has something to do with it.

I’m waiting for someone to buy another top fairing, cut them both in half and mix and match. After finerglassing it all together it will be #winning being symmetrical.

But I will admit, it’s so ugly it’s pretty in it’s own right. Something quite appealing about it essentially saying “I don’t give a shit”, maybe that’s why I like street fighters.

$13K? Get a used S1000RR or a new 675R

What not to do with one so new you don’t even have a plate for it…

youtu.be/3zxSDZykjmI

yeah that’ll buff right out