Who wants to make some money!!!!Silver @ 23.70 as I type this

Free financial advise, take it what for what its worth.
Even though it says its 23.XX most dealers are still charging $30/oz if they’re even selling. Here is a place alot of us buy from and they have in stock and in the mid 24’s.— www.goldmart.com Gold for under 1500 as well if thats what you prefer.
If Uncle Sam wasn’t taking $22K from me today I would be “backing up the truck as they say!!!”
D

Are you offering to sell silver? I’m confused.

No sir. Holding and grabbing. Just giving a heads up to others that may have been thinking about pulling the strings and investing in metals.
Another good company is provident metals. I know apmex was buying at 15% over spot this weekend.

what’s the liquidity of this stuff like at market rates?

like can you really go buy 20 lbs of this somewhere for $24/oz and then go back to the same place or somewhere else and sell it for $32/oz if it gets that high?

don’t the sellers and buyers both have their own margins?

i worked with a guy who bought like $8k in gold bars this year as ‘investments’ and he just had them in his backpack in his truck for weeks… it blew my mind.

at ~$1700 an ounce these had to be the smallest gold bars ever lol

$20 oz is very possible. There can be no jobless (or minimum wage) recovery, this could be a sign of another leg of deflation coming. The other thing I find suspicious is hardcore metal bugs keep saying supply is limited yet dealers are selling more and more every quarter. If supply was limited the dealers would have run out and/or price would have gone up due to the high demand. Something isn’t adding up…high demand and supposed low supply yet prices aren’t skyrocketing?

For metals, there is a spot price (market price), when buying you pay a premium over spot per oz or fixed amount, etc. When selling to any type of retailer/vendor you will be selling at below spot.

Retailers/Vendors dealing in precious metals are going to make money on the buy and sell, much like car sales.

Depending on how people react, prices could stagnate around mid 20s for silver or people may panic and sell off there stuff because they think the price is going to crash. Which then drives the price even lower.

Gold news has had several major investors dumping it over the last 3-6 months and cyprus banks have made mention of dumping a large quantity of gold as well. Which is most likely driving the downward trend along with the DOW being so high, people are thinking that the economy is fine and they don’t need gold anymore.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I thought the same thing about quantity, then I did some research and found out how many thousands of tons of silver are mined a year… There is no shortage anytime soon.

People have been trying to sell me on silver for like, 5 years now. Its always a new justification too. I guess itll go up at some point.

Kinda like peak oil? :wink:

Long term silver bugs should be LOVING this drop. If you’re hedging against the demise of USD it makes no sense to keep score in USD.

The proper way to stack silver/gold is to understand it’s not about the price in USD. It’s about converting a technically worthless piece of paper into a fundamental/tangible resource. Keep in mind you cannot hunt with metals nor can you eat them. They are a good piece of a diversification puzzle, not the end all be all.

$20 is still far overpriced for something that sat at $5oz for decades.

Price does not necessarily reflect fundamental value. Fundamentally I imagine silver at $5 was way undervalued. In terms of price, a fair price is what others are willing to pay.

I dont understand how something could be “fundamentally undervalued” for such a long time though. At a certain point the long standing selling price is the value right lol?

i’ve been holding silver since my buying spree 04-07
3 weeks ago i just swapped 2 of my thousand oz bars for tons of 5/10oz bars,. ’ easier to sell ’

I sold 30% of my silver $38/oz then bought a house.
But i still hoard it. My opinion is silver will run again possibly near $45 mark

Issue i’ve had with goldmart is. sometimes there shipping is way to delayed .

Im a full time forex trader so sometimes i hammer on when the swing goes down like lately :lol:

Not necessarily. There are many factors such as monetary expansion, sector rotation and general fear of inflation that can move price. Price and value can come together during periods of equilibrium, equilibrium is usually fairly rare.

Forex huh? You’re probably gonna be able to retire on the YEN’s fallout! :slight_smile:

in the last year on forex. i’ve seen more crazy going on then i can handle. all i can say is ’ some currencies may not be worth a damn in the next 10 years. :smiley:

It goes up/ down based mostly on manipulations. For instance , there was a 500 ton paper trade last friday for gold. I tried figuring it out on my phone but it didnt go that high. Think it was 14 zeroes!!! Which no company has periof. Just all made up. Another example the mint sold 35 million of just the silver eagles last yr. That is one minter, granted a large one selling one item. The stuff is getting harder to find and if u do there are big premiums for sure

I’ll be buying a few K tomorrow. I have been watching my Kitco app and just ignored it for a few days. lol

Looking to buy some silver. Any good local places or is online the way to go for this?

I always drive by a place on Delaware near Kenmore that seems to sell it.

i’ve got a roll of silver quarters i’ll sell for 200