why is it so hard to find power steering hose??

k i have spent the day looking around for p/s hose by the foot to replace my old stuff i plan on routing it differently and just need universal stuff, but absolutely no where partsource, crappytire, princeauto, or napa carry it …wtf!? is this a rare request or something haha ? anyone have any leads on a store or anything, much appreciated

Goto a hydraulics store.

if you take all your ps lines/hoses to a hydraulics place they can cut the old rubber off and crimp on new stuff, even likely better hose, reasonably cheaply

i was at a hydrolic place yesterday and all the lines had steel embedded in the sleeve and there fore would not expand AT ALL not even the little ridges on the resevoir. i was told transmission line is the same thing? usually marked with good year branding on it …50psi ish??? yay or na?

isnt it more like 1500psi?

k maybe im having a miscomunication the hoses im lookin for are the return and feed from the p/s reseivoir to the pump, no immence pressures like 1500 LOL, but im pretty sure i cant use just regular heater hose?

What is a good hydraulic shop to go to?

Try Princess Auto, they sell all kinds of Hydraulic lines and can do the crimping.

make em… any AN supplier has the parts to do a full conversion… pretty easy to do

power steering high pressure line is around 500psi max, you can probably get away with 20bar hose (300psi) or go with the 1500psi stuff… the low pressure side is around 50psi at the pump and maybe 30 at the reservoir

auto transmissions feeding the coolers is usually 45 to 50psi hose and I haven’t seen huge pressures on them so fuel injection hose is adequate as long as it is rated to withstand the detergents and other additives in gear oils

try cisco? they’ll make up aeroquip braided hoses for you too