Wierd Crashing Help

ok.

so i go to owa and go to add an attachment. i get all the way to “browse” and IE crashes.

it also happens with other software that i wont name. the kicker is it is fine when i open word.

i just went to windows update and ill let you know how that works out…

but seriously… i need help now.

dont say windows popup blocker cus its not that.

where are you sending your mail?

any error messages?

what version of IE?

does it work with FF?

no error message

no errors in system logs

forget about IE… it happens in multipal programs…

it could be anywhere from a corrupt system file, to spyware…

any other info you can give… like what the attachment is you are sending (sounds like a word document) how abotu the size of it…

and does this crash happen when only sending stuff… and is the problem you are trying to say… is jsut when that browse window comes up… if so… open a music program and "browse for … " what ever see if it crashes too

i just ran into the same problem and it was bad memory, i took out a stick and it runs fine. Something to look into.

You running AVG by any chance?

What version of OWA are you using? What version of OFFICE? I have ran into some issues lately with 2003 not working with that version of OWA but working with older version registered DLL’s

its not just owa… its other software… which leads me to believe its a windows problem…

no

yes… this is the same problem that im having with another software package… i go to open a file and it crashes

Get a computer tech to fix it…

safe mode fixes it.

unloading all services and startup programs does not.

sounds like a odd problem.

virus and spyware scan it, i wouldnt be surpriced if something showed up

if it isn’t something like that messing it up, then you have a problem iwth your OS and should reload it.

When you say “crash”, does it just vanish? or give you an “This program has encountered an error and needs to be blah blah blah blah”

I bet $50 bucks that you need to update Java, if it just vanishes.

vanish…

but IE and the software im running… no java found … i just took it upstairs to get imaged…

it was wierd… no error. no virus… no logs in the system logs… just puke.

Yeah, depending on the exchange version, which you are probably running 5.5, OWA uses AJAX. Don’t ask me WHY, but some AJAX sites (or just plain Java sites) blow up if you don’t have a very very recent version of java.

how about doing a hijack this… and posting it up here… if it works fine in safe mode… hijack this should find it